PDA

View Full Version : e-Toll Tag : fitting

m4rtin
11-01-2006, 12:29 PM
So I just got a RTA e-Toll tag and was wondering:

1. The instructions mention that some cars have metallic windcreens - does the Jazz?
2. The tints were done 48 hours ago so today is the first day I'm allowed to use the windows, and it says something about not washing them for 10 days.
Should I wait a while til I stick the e-Toll tag to the windscreen?
3. Where's the best place to stick the e-Toll tag to the windscreen?

The RTA literature mentions the tag has a separate tag holder but it looks like a single unit to me (with a self-adhesive tab on the back)...

Any other advice?

vividjazz
11-01-2006, 01:47 PM
So I just got a RTA e-Toll tag and was wondering:

1. The instructions mention that some cars have metallic windcreens - does the Jazz?
2. The tints were done 48 hours ago so today is the first day I'm allowed to use the windows, and it says something about not washing them for 10 days.
Should I wait a while til I stick the e-Toll tag to the windscreen?
3. Where's the best place to stick the e-Toll tag to the windscreen?

The RTA literature mentions the tag has a separate tag holder but it looks like a single unit to me (with a self-adhesive tab on the back)...

Any other advice?

1) Not unless you have a BMW or Merc with that privacy option.
2) you should have no tint near your windscreen or did they do a bar across the top not more than 10% and above the reach of the wipers?
3) Up behind the rear view mirror so you don't see the thing. It will work through the checker pattern bit on the glass no prob.

m4rtin
11-01-2006, 01:54 PM
Cheers for the advice.
As you can tell I'm a n00b so didn't even consider the windscreen might not be tinted. So they just do the other windows then? I'll take a look when I get back.

crazyray
11-01-2006, 01:59 PM
otherwise you can put it in the top left hand corner of your windscreen that is how my one is placed

vividjazz
11-01-2006, 02:15 PM
Yeah is quite illegal to tint windscreens anywhere in the world except Thailand and Phillipines where you see these trucks with an eyeslits cut out on the front to see out.

The overhead toll sensors are in the middle of each lane but pick up the whole lane so should work anywhere on the front windscreen.

Pogi
12-01-2006, 08:08 PM
i have mine sitting on behind the rear view mirror on the jazz as well...works fine with no probs..

has anyone noticed that the darkest tint that you can choose as an option from honda dealerships dont look like the darkest it could be?

not juss for the jazz though..ive noticed this with my crv