PDA

View Full Version : ITR Rear Sway on EK4 - What bushings and brackets?

sifoo
12-01-2006, 03:34 PM
Hi guys,

I plan to run the ASR kit with a 22mm ITR rear sway bar.

Ok so correct me if im wrong but I can use my existing endlinks but since the sway bar is thicker I have to use diff bushings and D-brackets.

Will the OEM Honda DC2R bushings and brackets fit onto my EK4 subframe?

If not, can I get something like a urethane bushing kit?

Post your setups please!

Thanks!

bennjamin
12-01-2006, 03:43 PM
i havent seen an actual ITR swaybar on anything but a ITR or a DC EG.
AFAIK you cannot fit the ITR mounting onto the ek subframe ~
Can someone confirm whether it (the swayar only) will actually fit ( that is , the LCA mounts are the same dimensions etc) ?

Perhaps better to source a whiteline 24mm + reinforcement -

BlitZ
13-01-2006, 09:11 AM
ok..

the ek end links will directly fit to the itr sway with no problems..

no the ITR bar and d link combo would not fit onto the ek subframe as the holes for the d brackets are further apart. (you can use beaks or ASR to resolve this issue).

The ITR d links mount directly above the subframe drill holes. The std ek sway mounts on the outter part using an adaptor plate.

with the ASR kit.. it utilises STD ITR d brackets and bushings. the std 13mm sway d brackets would not fit over the 22mm itr bar.

have a look at the beaks kit, it would give u a better ideal of what is needed..

The beaks kit is essentially same as the ASR, just that the ASR is 200% more effective as its got the plate.

barefootbonzai
13-01-2006, 01:21 PM
I think in short, if you're getting an ASR kit, you shouldn't have any problems with using the ITR rear sway bar.

sifoo
14-01-2006, 12:46 AM
wtf is going on .. who right and whos wrong lol! barefootbonzai do you know from experience that the ITR bar will fit the EK hatch frame with an ASR kit?

So which D-brackets and bushings do I use? ITR? or something else?

sifoo
14-01-2006, 12:48 AM
im re-reading what blitz posted.

So barefootbonzai is correct?

I just need ITR brackets and bushings and I can use stock EK4 endlinks. Correct?

barefootbonzai
14-01-2006, 01:40 AM
The ASR kit should come with the right holes for the ITR sway bar and D-Brackets :) And yes you will be able to use your EK4 end links

Hope that's clear enough