PDA

View Full Version : N/A Speed

civic boi
12-01-2006, 05:37 PM
:honda: I want to keep my lil dual carbi 1.5L civic N/A for a while, does anyone know things that can be done to increase Kw's, im making a custom pipe about 4-5inches in height n length running straight to the carbi cross-hatching the standard piping, but i dont imagine that will up my power to much, i was thinkin of webbers but there is no room in the world between the carbi an firewall, even if i thought about downward webbers there would still be a problem, so if anybody has any sugestions in which i can get some more speed please help me out... thank you

dark8
12-01-2006, 06:11 PM
your question is a bit broad. whats your budget like? couple of hundred? willing to go 1.5k to 2k? wots your projected power increase and would it be worth kw's per $1? thats how i look at things.
are you wanting big Kw increase? not too familiar with 1.5 carbies but if i had an eg i'd dump a b16a straight into it. will it bolt straight in? im not even sure, but i reckon Bang for Buck wise i'd get pretty close to spot on. but someone on here's gotta know more about carbies than i do.

shmivic
12-01-2006, 06:51 PM
order a race carb from the us and a good set of headers

yenyenchanchan
12-01-2006, 11:44 PM
a race carb will be a good choice:thumbsup: .
i try it before

newmski
13-01-2006, 12:09 AM
d16a8 into that baby
best bang for $$$

ek4-guy
13-01-2006, 09:26 AM
webbers hey watch out for the EPA

iamhappy46
13-01-2006, 03:01 PM
Leave the standard twin carbs, they are easy to modify and remain EPA compliant...
There is one guy on d-series.org who has 75Kw@wheels from his dual carb!!

Get rid of the factory airfilter box arrangement, use Honda Motorcycle 'pod' filters and mount them to where the original airbox screwed on. Make up a 2.5" pipe from front of engine bay and attach to firewall so that cold air is running across in front of the carby throats. They will breather better without a box on them, suck plenty of cold air that is being fed into that area and sound AWESOME!!

PM me if you want more details on carb mods.

taiman
15-01-2006, 08:18 PM
i have a mate at motorware clayton and he had a eg breeze...

running carby..

tweeaked his dizzy sumhow and cut like 1.5 coil of the carby spring and it matched eg5z....

do ur research man might help ya with cheap thrills....

crx_boy7
15-01-2006, 10:30 PM
good filter good plugs cleaned carbs and intake mabe light pollish good headers thin head gasket advanced timing mebe a better flowing exhaust but a zc would still be better iv got a zc (ed9) will sell for $1000 inc box ecu mounts watever u need but u will need a certificate to pass rego = $700
and u do know that a carb motor is a very bad base for forced induction as the carbs tend to break partially due to the low feul preasure