PDA

View Full Version : Finally Started My Rebuild

fat_85_civic
12-01-2006, 06:28 PM
Ive finally started to rebuild my 1st gen ZC (d16a3) motor to put into my civic. Ive stripped it all down and taken it in to have it all inspected to make sure everything is within spec and hopefully next week it should start being assembled.

THis is what i plan to have done

Cams (streetabul)
B16 TB
.5mm shaved head
ARP rod bolts
Fully balanced
lightened fly wheel

Does any one know the part number for ARP rod bolts for a d16 engine?

The machinest i talked to said he didnt like to shave the head because it might cause piston to valve contact but he didnt do any measurements it was just a general thing so is a .5mm shave OK? and approx what comp ratio will this give me?

I got a price from Honda for all new main and rod bearings today and it is going to cost atleast $550 for new ones. THat is ****ing rediculus so what are some other good brands to use? i know honda are the best but their just too expencive and im only planning on keepin the engine for about 2 years so hopefull the lower quality ones wont **** up in this time.

tHanks
LUke

HondaCivic
13-01-2006, 05:08 PM
Fron another 3gen civic owner, good luck with the build and let me know how it goes! Respect :D

Brendan

heist
16-01-2006, 03:57 PM
dude, i want pics, cos i plan on doing this to my d16a8..... make a write up

Slow96GSR
16-01-2006, 05:11 PM
... I got a price from Honda for all new main and rod bearings today and it is going to cost atleast $550 for new ones. THat is ****ing rediculus so what are some other good brands to use? i know honda are the best but their just too expencive and im only planning on keepin the engine for about 2 years so hopefull the lower quality ones wont **** up in this time...

Holy S**T!!! I can get new ones from my guys for about $175USD!!!! Damn even with shipping it would be cheaper!!! $550AUD=$414USD!! DAMN!!!

krasyvy
16-01-2006, 05:18 PM
difficult to find people who are willing to ship items from the us.

plenty of cheap things to buy over there but no one wants to ship

unless ur volunteering?

*nudge *nudge

Slow96GSR
16-01-2006, 05:23 PM
Never said no! Just not a member so I can't technically sell! But if it's something you want me to tell you how to get I would be happy to help you get your parts.