PDA

View Full Version : dc2 headunit install..

CiVEK
12-01-2006, 08:33 PM
Hey guys, I spent all day removing the headunit in my EK and exchanged it with my bros one in his dc2. Problem was when I tried to connect it in the dc2, it wont power up. I tried to power it back in my car and it worked. Then we tried connecting the head unit which was already in the dc2 and that didnt work now.

So my question is would it be some kind of electrical fault or sumfing? have been told it mite be that the earth is weak? either way we are planning to get it checked out tmr, but if any1 can give an suggestions that will b much appreciated..

CHeers.

amato2
12-01-2006, 08:41 PM
have you checked all your fuses....for the interior and possibly exterior of the car happened to me awhile back thought i shortened out the H/U or somefin like that but it was simply the fuse/relay

CiVEK
12-01-2006, 09:29 PM
Just went outside with da torch to have a quick check, but the fuse seems to be fine.. :confused:

amato2
12-01-2006, 09:40 PM
well thats all i can give ya at the moment..... it is obviously power related maybe you have the connections wrongs..they might be the same connectors but the wires inside might be in different order...www.installdr.com or .net i think will help you with checking the wire colour's if not check to see if there is a fuse on the back of the H/U if that blown well yeah......hope this helps good luck