PDA

View Full Version : Which dealership best in nsw ?

Quuquu
13-01-2006, 01:46 AM
I'm looking at Collins Honda ?

Any reviews about them ? service, price etc, any salesman to recommend ?

Atleast their sales pple aint so aggressive as to use the hardcore sales technique "Tell me what it takes for me to sell this car to you ?, what do you want ?" I hear this from 2 other dealers (a very annoying and rude way to sell)

One dealership actually quoted me $27800 (OH MY GOD) for VTIs CVTwhen most dealership simply quoted 27k which is simply on top of RRP and said not negotiable over the phone for the interest of the company. Please come to see us yada yada...

I know this question has been asked many times..

What is a reasonable price to pay for VTIS 2006 honda jazz in NSW ??
Isnt a full tank and a free 1st service already form part of the package that some sale pple took it out and use it as a bargaining tool. I know this for a fact even for very prestigous brands, their sales pple do this.

I believe strongly that they have a margin about 1k to play about. Though I believe someone in this forum bought one for 27k with a sunroof ? which means its only 25k which to me is really dirt cheap...maybe its manual ?

Anyway I would like to hear from people who has bought their this vehicle recently in nsw both auto and manual since I cant decide which to get.

Many thks

Jazzle
13-01-2006, 08:50 AM
Collins HOnda rockdale is great, good manner and no pushing.. i bought my jazz vtis there in 2003 for about 23500. look for Herald or Mario..

never go to lark hoskins homebush,, freaken smartarse salesman they have, and they have shit service center too. expensive and messy!

Quuquu
13-01-2006, 10:07 AM
Collins HOnda rockdale is great, good manner and no pushing.. i bought my jazz vtis there in 2003 for about 23500. look for Herald or Mario..

never go to lark hoskins homebush,, freaken smartarse salesman they have, and they have shit service center too. expensive and messy!

Yeah I met Mario, seem to be a pretty nice guy. In fact, Apparently was quoted roughtly 24500 for the manual vtis. (before haggling)

Does your 23500 include metalic paint as well as tint ? (tint as in not the 5 percent tint already existent in all jazz hondas). Or simply drive away ?

Andys
13-01-2006, 01:25 PM
I got my Jazz from Collins, from Harold actually... very nice guy.. but ultimately the dealership will try to screw you for every little thing, including finance if you want that from them. Don't be afraid to ask for free extras or for discounts, they won't offer em if you don't ask :)

Having said that it was my first car, so I'm pretty sure I won't be buying a new car ever again.. I'm aiming to buy second hand from now on, to save money..

- Andrew

ZYL11A
13-01-2006, 01:35 PM
Yeah collins are good. I bought my 05 Euro Lux from there and we bought my dads 05 Civic from there as well. The staff there are heaps friendly. Ask for Mario he's pretty good (he's my cousin lol). Armando is good also and so is Matthew. They are willing to negotiate. I got mad prices on both my Euro and my dads Civic.

aaronng
13-01-2006, 01:51 PM
28k for a Jazz??? Is that a typo?

Quuquu
13-01-2006, 02:51 PM
28k for a Jazz??? Is that a typo?
definitely not a typo error..

yes 27800 quoted by a dealer..ridiculous i say..its a markup of an already marked up price !

aaronng
13-01-2006, 02:58 PM
Damn, you can get an Accord VTi auto for $29,990. And that is driveaway!

Jazzle
14-01-2006, 09:44 AM
my 23500 includes tinti, floor mat, seat cover, ;)

haha actually go for herald.. haha i owe him.. whne i was quoting prices, test driving and all that.. all the negotiation was with herald except for the day i sign the deal coz he wasn't there.. hahaha so mario got my deal

Quuquu
15-01-2006, 09:37 PM
oh..finally bought it at collins honda.....excellent service and I'm happy with the price. I think its reasonable though he says he is not making money....

$23000 manual vtis with tint 35 percent and mats..built 2006,

Bought it from mario though I would say Jerry would also have made a great person to buy from and I bet everyone there is great.

Now..can u guys help me...

Should I get paint protection and electronic rust proofing ?

Jazzle
15-01-2006, 11:02 PM
i did not..not sure if they're worth it

aaronng
15-01-2006, 11:14 PM
Good job. Don't get the paint protection!!!! Please, don't get it. It is the same as applying your own wax/sealant. I had paint protection and it does NOTHING against tree sap or bird poo. With my own Meguiar's sealant, tree sap just wipes off cleanly when I spray a little bit of quick detailer.

Electronic rust proofing on the other hand sounds interesting. Better than those spray on tar rustproofing stuff that they try to peddle.
Have a read: http://www.couplertec.com.au/how-erps-work.html

If you can find a place to install it for you other than the dealer (the dealer calls for a 3rd party to install it for them anyway), then you can get the same for less money.

But please, don't get the paint protection from the dealer. Get it from the shop that the dealer contracts for paint protection. The cost of paint protection is no where near the dealer's price.

Poeter
15-01-2006, 11:38 PM
How much do tints usually cost alone??

ACE888
16-01-2006, 12:06 AM
I personally wouldn't go to Rick Damelian because they were snobs and a bunch of tighta$$e$.

They wanted $28k for a Jazz VTIS with tints & matts. Then when I said, this other dealer would give it to me for $26,500 (which was true, had contact person, and price)... the salesperson then spoke to his manager, then the salesperson came back out, crunched some figures on a piece of paper and said "i bet that dealer can make that cheaper!" and I'm thinking, "hello, where is the Rick Damelian offer???????" if he can say that, i'm sure Rick Damleian can do an offer too.. but no they didnt.........

Similarly when my brother bought his Alfa 156, Rick Damelian weren't that great... so he got it at Alfa Italia in Crows Nest.

aaronng
16-01-2006, 02:13 AM
Depends on the salesperson you get I think. I bought at Rick D, and the salesperson went RRP and included the usual mats and stuff. He was good and didn't do any bullshit tricks like another dealer in Sydney did to me.

A Jazz VTis RRP is $24090 for auto and $21790 for the manual and that would be the price that I would have paid OTR if I was getting a Jazz.

Quuquu
16-01-2006, 03:48 PM
I personally wouldn't go to Rick Damelian because they were snobs and a bunch of tighta$$e$.

They wanted $28k for a Jazz VTIS with tints & matts. Then when I said, this other dealer would give it to me for $26,500 (which was true, had contact person, and price)... the salesperson then spoke to his manager, then the salesperson came back out, crunched some figures on a piece of paper and said "i bet that dealer can make that cheaper!" and I'm thinking, "hello, where is the Rick Damelian offer???????" if he can say that, i'm sure Rick Damleian can do an offer too.. but no they didnt.........

Similarly when my brother bought his Alfa 156, Rick Damelian weren't that great... so he got it at Alfa Italia in Crows Nest.

Oh we my research with vtis AUTO, I'm sure u could get 26500 with tint matts, full petrol and bloody everything else to add (this price was something i could get just recently last week jan 06 from many dealers..seriously..i believe u can get tint and mats at 26000.....which i think is a reasonable price.

Get your cars at collins Honda ,for your best price and service.

I'm not a promo of collins honda, just a satisfied customer lol..check it yourself to find out.

swat
18-01-2006, 12:18 AM
:confused:
oh..finally bought it at collins honda.....excellent service and I'm happy with the price. I think its reasonable though he says he is not making money....

$23000 manual vtis with tint 35 percent and mats..built 2006,

Bought it from mario though I would say Jerry would also have made a great person to buy from and I bet everyone there is great.

Now..can u guys help me...

Should I get paint protection and electronic rust proofing ?

drive away ?? :confused:

Quuquu
18-01-2006, 02:23 PM
yes its drive away.

tint as quoted by honda is about 600..also claimed by them to be good stuff rather than the 200-300 bucks ones..

Andys
18-01-2006, 02:29 PM
Hrmm.. isn't a $300 tintjob == the good stuff? ;) As opposed to the $100-150 jobs.

swat
19-01-2006, 12:58 AM
QUUQUU when did u buy it ? i mean year and month ?

Quuquu
19-01-2006, 03:58 PM
QUUQUU when did u buy it ? i mean year and month ?

Bought it just 2 weeks ago..janxx 06..drive away with tint and mats. Manual VTIS.