PDA

View Full Version : Honda 2005 CRV Sport Depreciation

Keepleft
13-01-2006, 06:30 PM
Any similar stories to this:

April 2005 black CRV Sport, mint con'd with numerous genuine accessories was $42,216 on road in April 2005.

Car bears 17,800 kilometers but on offer wholesale or to dealers, the best stands at $28,000 with $26-27K more typical. A $14,216 effective depreciation for all of 8 months of use.

I still saw a CRV Sport on sale at a dealer, second hand on-road for $36K with very, very low kays, around 3.

Still, a pretty steep depreciation.

You see, Honda are having run out sales of the 2005 CRV, seems timing is everything. Another lesson is to not option up the car (headlight covers, sidesteps, mats etc), all the genuine accessories are worth in the end trade-game - zilch.

Did like the Integra bearing leather seats, top of the range, thought about it, but scare of depreciation sees the lady owner looking somewhere else.

UNLS1
14-01-2006, 09:06 AM
i just sold and o5 CRV sport black auto, rev sensors, side steps, door visors. sunroof visors brand new 36k :)

There are great deals to be found at the right dealers lol just look for old stock lol

**cough ME lol

-jimmy

bigdongers
18-01-2006, 04:54 PM
The first year is always a killer. Also, no point using your driveaway price as the comparison price because you never get back your on road costs. Better to compare the actual price of the car.

I just sold my 02 CRV Sport Auto a couple of months ago. Got $25,000 for it. Could have gotten a little more but I had to sell it cause the new car was arriving. I paid $38,000 drive away. I had heaps of accessories like side steps, chrome mirror covers, cargo cover etc. But like you said, these are worth zilch at resale time.

Pogi
18-01-2006, 06:03 PM
damnz scary stuff..i payed around 42k jan last year for a sport, with the only options being the mats and darkest tinting

its only done 9,000 km's tho :p