PDA

View Full Version : H22A Questions..

mr_mojo02
14-01-2006, 12:17 PM
Hey guys,

Its finally time for me to organise putting a H22a in the 5th gen.. so to all you guys that have already done this... Is there anything to look out for in the conversion? Any parts that need to be made custom?
And also what places can you get the half cut from in syd?

Cheers..

h22a accord
14-01-2006, 07:50 PM
mate, i have done the conversion and have posted heaps of info up before so do a good search and if u still want to know more ask then.

MRH-22A
15-01-2006, 03:38 PM
where are u planning to do it at?

or u doin it by urself?

Q_ball
15-01-2006, 03:48 PM
mate, i have done the conversion and have posted heaps of info up before so do a good search and if u still want to know more ask then.
link him mr moderator :)

j-specAccord
15-01-2006, 04:22 PM
N,S and E accord mounts, West prelude mount (pin cut 5mm to fit) prelude p/s pump and join the bottom half of the accord line, accord a/c compressor, prelude a/c mount, prelude ECU, accord wiring loom (customise a small loom consisting of knock sensor, vtec pressure switch, vtec solenoid and intake air bypass solenoid, route this to ECU and locate to proper pins) prelude throttle cable (fitting prelude cable to the pedal will take a bit of thinking) keep the accord axles, and juz get the prelude headers fitted to the accord cat, thats all i really needed for ma swap

pretty easy swap, i thought it would be a bit more difficult. the only major problem i had was the MAP sensor and locating the vacuum lines to thier proper positions.

good luck with your swap, post it up when you finished

mr_mojo02
15-01-2006, 11:06 PM
cool cool... not doing it myself, just wanted to be aware of any extra parts that may be needed instead of finding out the hard way

h22a accord
16-01-2006, 05:07 PM
link him mr moderator :)

the info is there if u go looking.. 4 pages worth of results if u search 'h22a' in the accord forum.

PANDA18DET
23-01-2006, 08:13 PM
Hey guys.. i heard from a friend that once a h22a engine/gearbox conversion is done there is always problems popping up. Is that actually true?

Eclipsor
23-01-2006, 10:25 PM
I think the main factor would be the condition of the engine that you get. If it has been opened up before, how well it has been looked after up until you buy it etc... There's always going to be a risk. You just have to minimise this by buying from a reputable dealer with warranty maybe, doing as many mechanical type checks that you can on it. Then do the swap properly taking your time and doing it right first time.

The extra power may put more stress on things like the engine mounts etc. I havn't had any problems that I would directly blame the different engine for in my car.

Spoon-Accord
25-01-2006, 03:34 AM
man.. my car has been on H22a legs for nearly 3 years now..

its still fighting strong and fit. just needs a new clutch and gearbox and also needs that snail thing .

kenny

h22a accord
25-01-2006, 07:24 AM
the front engine mount will wear out faster and so will your tyres.

stephen8512
27-01-2006, 08:26 AM
sorry to hijack thread but ive seen on the prelude forum about a H22Z?
wats the diff between that an a H22A? any difference? year model?

h22a accord
30-01-2006, 07:22 AM
sorry to hijack thread but ive seen on the prelude forum about a H22Z?
wats the diff between that an a H22A? any difference? year model?

the h22z block was used in the last generation of the ludes. there is no difference in block spec. its just how it is.