PDA

View Full Version : whats better, koni yellows or koni reds?

heist
14-01-2006, 09:53 PM
as per title, discuss

bennjamin
14-01-2006, 09:58 PM
ive heard , yellow in all ways. AFAIK "reds" are not damoper adjustable...jsut height via 2 or 3 clips. Still decent shocks tho.

Reds are only better since they are cheaper.

Paul1985
14-01-2006, 10:01 PM
ive heard , yellow in all ways. AFAIK "reds" are not damoper adjustable...jsut height via 2 or 3 clips. Still decent shocks tho.

Agreed.

type one
14-01-2006, 11:18 PM
not a comparable item. Different products for different applications.

BlitZ
15-01-2006, 02:26 AM

nope.. red's are damper adjustable...

if i can remmeber..
red are oil filled
yellow are gas filled..

thereofre yellows are better..

yellow are also top adjustable
red are adjsutable, but you would have to remove the complete shock, compress it and then turn it.. alot more work.

liberx
15-01-2006, 10:01 AM
I have yellows, and they have to be removed to adjust :(

BlitZ
15-01-2006, 10:47 AM
you must be one of the unlucky ones.....

This is koni's quote from their website..

Tricky b@stards! They used the word many

http://www.koni-na.com/pics/knob.jpg Many of the KONI Sport dampers are externally adjustable by means of a knob, so they need not be disassembled from the car. The fine-tuning of the damping forces to personal driving style and to different driving conditions is therefore not more than a matter of seconds. The best of fine-tuning technology straight from the world of Formula 1 racing.

liberx
15-01-2006, 03:31 PM
Yeah, its far from ideal, but at the time I bought them Koni didn't seem to list externally adjustables. I'm about to change springs, so will take the opportunity to increase the rate on the fronts (rears seem pretty firm by comparison).

The only question is, by how much?