PDA

View Full Version : Best place to mount tweeters in EG Civic

TYPE-ONE
16-01-2006, 12:19 AM
hey all.

Just looking for opinions on the best place to mount tweeter in an EG Civic.

Thanks.

eg_08_wa
16-01-2006, 05:41 AM
a pillar..or just install it and play sum music and stick ur tweeter in different positions to c which one u think is the best..

tRipitaka
16-01-2006, 06:53 AM
search..
there's an article done by FHRX which is very informative..

ICACHA
16-01-2006, 09:08 AM
Grab yourself some blutac and leave yourself enough cable so you can move the tweeters around to see where they will suit your needs.

Fhrx
16-01-2006, 04:58 PM
Article on placing tweeters (http://www.fastfoursforumscarclub.com/temp/fhrxstudios/faq.asp#12). :D

DC5TYPER
16-01-2006, 05:12 PM
Flush mount them on the door. In front of the door handle. Works great in the EK and EF civic i've noticed. I've put them there in my Civic Coupe. LOOKS HOT. I can't remember if you can fit them in the EG. But if you can thats a great place. But make sure you can angle the tweeters towards yourself because high frequencies from tweeters are very directional and cancel eachother out if you face the tweeters to eachother.

What brand tweeters are they? Some brands have very sharp and bright treble and you might have to face away from yourself to quiet them down abit if they dont have a -3dB option.

ICACHA
16-01-2006, 08:29 PM
But make sure you can angle the tweeters towards yourself because high frequencies from tweeters are very directional and cancel eachother out if you face the tweeters to each other.

In fact if you look at the length of the frequencies that the tweeters play you will find that the length of the frequencies aren't long enough to cancel each other even if you place them on the dash facing at each other, midwoofers and subs on the other hand have much longer frequency length and will cancel certain frequencies.

Captiva_Blue
16-01-2006, 09:00 PM
I've got them surface mounted on the sail panel on each door (the small black triangular panel that sits over the exterior mirror mounts). It's probably the most equidistant position in an EG that isn't obstucted by parts of the dash..

For instance, if they are mounted at the base of the A-pillar in an EG, the drivers side tweeter is obscured by the steering wheel/dash cowl when sitting in the passenger's seat and you get some pretty nasty reflected sound off the windscreen if they aren't properly angled. Flush mounting them in the door trim is a bad option IMO because the right tweeter will be too close compared to the left when in the driver's seat (and vice versa in the passenger seat) which will give you pretty poor imaging (unless you can afford a HU with time correction, and if you can.. you probably have enough money to get someone else to install your tweeters :) ).

ICACHA
17-01-2006, 09:15 AM
attenuation of the drivers side tweeter and reversing the polarity of both tweeters will also combat this issue you raise Captiva Blue.

GRU53M
22-01-2006, 02:18 PM
I have mine mounted ont the door panel just below the window and mine sound great, then again mine are the 6.5" focal polyglass splits.

chan
26-01-2006, 08:20 PM
there is no such thing as the "Best place to mount tweeters in EG Civic". each location has pro and con. it all depends on the tweeters and ur taste.

OzSir2
05-06-2006, 10:42 PM
I tried various placements with my tweeters. I couldn't decide on a best position for them and I especially didn't want to cut into my interior so I ended up bending a metal strip and glued it to the back of the tweeter and mounted it in the corner space just next to the factory woofer mount in the door.

bungsai
05-06-2006, 11:20 PM
in my dc, i have them flushmounted just in front of door handle in their stock position.

Look stock, look sweet, and sound great.

mugeneration
05-06-2006, 11:45 PM
mine are just sitting on my dash. I tried every method possible short of gluing them to my dashmat but they wont stick. Wont stick to my pillar either (I knew all that armour all would undo me one day!). Ill flush mount them when i can be stuffed.

amurray
07-06-2006, 07:00 PM
here is what i did...

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/9181/car0176ly.jpg