PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Parts from US

Andsss
04-04-2004, 11:38 PM
Hey, iv bought some stuff off ebay...worked out great..got a CAI and it goes a lil harder...has ne1 bought anything else off ebay thats worked out for ya?

im thinking of getting a header and a hi flow cat and maybe an ECU which im a lil suss about...

wat uz think?

incoming
04-04-2004, 11:57 PM
hey andy
check out aus ebay.. they got lowered springs! for $100

joneblaze
05-04-2004, 12:07 AM
What sort of CAI kit did you buy off Ebay? And how much did it cost you all up?

Andsss
05-04-2004, 12:15 AM
yeh got springs adjustable...1-4 inches for about 150 from US tho...works nice tho...

The CAI was a generic no name chrome intake fit straight on goes straight from the intake to the bottom right on the car just sitting on top of the splash tray....its mad u can hear it sucking the air when u accellerate...illegal tho...

anything is unless its stock...

joneblaze
05-04-2004, 12:19 AM
yeh got springs adjustable...1-4 inches for about 150 from US tho...works nice tho...

The CAI was a generic no name chrome intake fit straight on goes straight from the intake to the bottom right on the car just sitting on top of the splash tray....its mad u can hear it sucking the air when u accellerate...illegal tho...

......... :?

anything is unless its stock...

:?: :roll:

incoming
05-04-2004, 12:28 AM
hahahaha andy!! WTF u smoking man!

Andsss
05-04-2004, 12:53 AM
well its s defect...coudl get it registered with a proper mechanic :)

well u know wat car im used to...so the sucking was kewl wheni first put it on!

im sure ill get over it! :)

Andsss
05-04-2004, 12:55 AM
COULDNT was wat i mean...

VTEC16
05-04-2004, 02:22 AM
how much did u pay for the ebay intake?

Andsss
05-04-2004, 11:02 AM
All up $90 came with some no name pod filter which i just put aside and used my K&N...works nice...

snowman95
05-04-2004, 05:05 PM
yep ive bought 5zigen headers off aus ebay, just check the sellers rating, and try and get some vouch emails

b16a_integra
05-04-2004, 07:08 PM
ive bought stuff from theUS ebay, goes alright just be sure to check there rating. next im getting some M3 mirrors. :)

Andsss
06-04-2004, 12:14 AM
nice...howd the extractors go....i tend to deal with the same sellers if possible coz i trust them if theyve delivered once..its worked so far...everyhting on my car is ebay almost!

b16a_integra
06-04-2004, 08:31 PM
ebay most of the time is hell of alot cheaper than car stores. theyre goin to have to do something about their store prices soon, me thinks.

Andsss
07-04-2004, 12:42 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2471878059

what uz think of this...seems good...let me know wat uz think

CIVIC-R
09-04-2004, 02:57 AM
hey i was looking to order some parts from US Ebay...

i was wondering how long does it take for the parts to Arrive in Australia??? cause when it comes to cars, things always take twice as long as u originally think they will...

and if they dont send ur goods or lost in transit, after u have paid.... then wat u goin to do???? it wouldnt be worth flying over there and kickboxing them in the head...

it would be safe to do COD... can u do that???

Andsss
09-04-2004, 12:52 PM
Im was quite suprised actually depending on the user and what postal they go by my stuff has arrived within 5 days...and iv only been dogged once and when i realised the part wasnt coming i msged paypal/ebay and they got my money back...every cent of it...it only took 2 daqys to get it back...its too easy ujust have to make sure your dealing with a person who has a good rating and responds to emails quickly and in a good manner...

as long as u go thru a middle man like ebay ull always be protected...the only thing u have to worry about is the quality of the product...ask ALOT of questions and ull never go wrong...and shop around...theres always another seller who will do it cheaper or cheaper shipping...ask me for th e ppl iv dealt with with certain items and ill tell ya whos trustworthy...

CIVIC-R
10-04-2004, 12:14 PM
thanks heaps hey...

im lookin to buy parts from US ebay very soon. ill let u know how it all goes.

Sir Revalot
14-10-2009, 09:24 AM
Dragging up a > 5 year old thread here, but have to ask a question.

Thinking of purchasing some rear wheel hub/bearing assemblies for my car (98 VTI-R). Link HERE (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270361522591&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT). Emailed the guy with the following:

- Will these parts suit my vehicle (it is Australian delivered)

- Are they for a vehicle with ABS, as my car has 4 wheel ABS.

- Can you give me the website address for the manufacturer of these parts, as I haven't heard of the brand 'United' before.

- Is there any type of warranty offered on these parts?

He sent me an extremely helpful message back:

Hi there
I cant be sure that these parts will fit you car.
Thanks

So, does anyone know if they will fit my car? Honda in Adelaide wants $392 PER SIDE!!! I don't know how they come up with their prices, but I swear that they add an extra 500% markup to just about everything. :S

slimx
14-10-2009, 05:35 PM
I've bought Rear tail lights fit fine (for a mazda)

---
I wouldn't buy them because they say Acura i believe thats like American Spec..
I had in incident where i bought a Acura Alternator and it was 3PIN where as a Honda Alternator is 4PIN (when u buy an alternator.. it never tells you how many pins are on it) lost $150 to that..

Sir Revalot
14-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Cheers slimx. Yeah that's what I'm concerned about. I have previously bought (and used - still using them now actually!) brake pads for my car from eBay US with no issues. Seller confirmed they would fit, all OK. I just want to see if anyone knows for sure if the AUS/USDM parts are the same in the majority of cases. I'd say they would be (why would they re-tool parts that are going to be used worldwide) but can't be 100% sure.

I guess I'll contact another seller and hopefully they're a bit more helpful!!

string
18-10-2009, 10:03 AM
Never trust someone who's taking your money. Do your own research. Also; avoid cheap parts like the plague. Hubs and bearings for US$90? They're obviously rubbish.

Acura is just the branding for some of the Honda models in the USA. Other than being LHD, the Acura Integra is identical to our Honda Integra, for example.

Sir Revalot
19-10-2009, 08:47 AM
Thanks String. Yeah I am aware that Acura is just branding for some types of Honda in the US.

I don't necessarily have to buy the parts from eBay, I just don't want to spend nearly $800 on 2 quite small parts. It doesn't seem ridiculous, it IS ridiculous!!

Does anyone know anywhere else that might be able to sell these at a lesser price? Also, I don't think it is my bearings any more as I rotated my tyres and there is almost no noise. Fairly sure it's tyres. Still, I'd like to know if there's anyone else selling them at a decent price if I do need them.

rob1000
19-10-2009, 09:29 AM
Dragging up a > 5 year old thread here, but have to ask a question.

Thinking of purchasing some rear wheel hub/bearing assemblies for my car (98 VTI-R). Link HERE (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270361522591&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT). Emailed the guy with the following:

- Will these parts suit my vehicle (it is Australian delivered)

- Are they for a vehicle with ABS, as my car has 4 wheel ABS.

- Can you give me the website address for the manufacturer of these parts, as I haven't heard of the brand 'United' before.

- Is there any type of warranty offered on these parts?

He sent me an extremely helpful message back:

Hi there
I cant be sure that these parts will fit you car.
Thanks

So, does anyone know if they will fit my car? Honda in Adelaide wants $392 PER SIDE!!! I don't know how they come up with their prices, but I swear that they add an extra 500% markup to just about everything. :S

i can't help much but can confirm they are ABS because they have the cog around the outside

Edit: also here's a listing i found with a big table at the bottom

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PAIR-NEW-HONDA-CIVIC-REAR-WHEEL-HUB-BEARING-97-98-99-00_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem45eead4327QQitemZ300 357075751QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAcces sories

Sir Revalot
19-10-2009, 09:13 PM
Thanks rob1000. Yeah I thought they were ABS as well as my workshop manual shows an exploded view with the cog around the outside. The thing with some eBay sellers though is that they use stock photographs, not pics of the actual parts. If you just go by the picture itself then you may get the wrong part which is why I always check, especially parts from the US.

rob1000
20-10-2009, 05:36 AM
Thanks rob1000. Yeah I thought they were ABS as well as my workshop manual shows an exploded view with the cog around the outside. The thing with some eBay sellers though is that they use stock photographs, not pics of the actual parts. If you just go by the picture itself then you may get the wrong part which is why I always check, especially parts from the US.

yeah know what ya mean I'm keen on a few parts at the moment too with 1AUD = .92US its too tempting!

Sir Revalot
21-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Yeah I bought a few Photography bits 'n' pieces before the GFC when it was almost dollar for dollar. Those were the days! LOL

rob1000
21-10-2009, 09:34 AM
Yeah I bought a few Photography bits 'n' pieces before the GFC when it was almost dollar for dollar. Those were the days! LOL

wait a couple weeks, our dollar will apparently be higher than US :) Bad for exporters good for us!

Sir Revalot
21-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Nice. Lookin' forward to it!! :D

ewendc2r
21-10-2009, 10:15 AM
talking about differences between the Acura model and the local Honda model (and even with USDM Honda's) -- I bought a Brake Booster for dads '92 Si prelude, and it was different to the one we pulled out... The shaft was longer, different thread. Had to machine the brake pedal linkage to accept different thread bore / type.. Had to mount the Master Cylinder with two spacers to get the right pushrod length.. Still MUCH cheaper than from local dealers, but what a **** around.

So yeah, I assumed that other than the LHD / RHD difference that they would be the same -- I do a lot more research these days.

Sir Revalot
21-10-2009, 11:57 AM
That sucks.

It's a real pity that they have to charge such a stupid amount for spares (and that they seem to be unobtainable from parts retailers such as sprint auto for the majority of items needed).

Does anyone know anywhere else that parts can be sourced for a cheaper price?

Does anyone know why Honda charge such bank-balance-depleting prices for spares?

Jon_51
21-10-2009, 01:49 PM
3 words - made in japan

Sir Revalot
21-10-2009, 03:05 PM
Is it just because they are made in Japan that they cost so much? What if you sourced them directly from Japan yourself? Surely there'd be a saving there??!