PDA

View Full Version : panel filter

AC
05-04-2004, 01:07 AM
is there any change in noise when u install a panel filter? i've read through all the posts etc and they all pretty much say a pod gives better induction noise. but does the panel filter change it? also, what are the advantages of a panel over a pod? my car's a civic si

EuroAccord13
05-04-2004, 02:30 AM
I reckon it won't make much of a difference in terms of noise, very negliable.. Removing the resonator box would help though.. I'm experiencing droning in mine on full throttle after I removed my resonator box...

CHEERS
Nick

VTEC16
05-04-2004, 02:31 AM
To answer your questions:

Slightly.

As above.

Flows better and has flexibility of mounting.

...in general, if you go the pod route, make sure its a cold air intake (CAI)....otherwise you'll be sucking up the hot air from your engine bay. The advantage of a replacement performance panel filter, is that it'll fit in your stock airbox and should give u a very slight increase in power - but you wont have to worry (as much) about heat-soak....nor about sucking up water (hydrolock) into your engine...

you'll have to weigh up the pro's and cons.

cheers,

mike.

joneblaze
05-04-2004, 02:33 AM
I take it you mean an aftermarket panel filter, because AFAIK all EGs come stock with panel style filter in airbox. A pod style filter will cause more induction noise compared to a panel style one. Also, as Nick mentioned, if you remove the airbox cover, or remove your resonator from underneath your airbox, the induction noise will increase. As to the technical pros and cons of both, please use the Search function as this topic has been flogged to death on a basic level.

Jon

AC
05-04-2004, 02:13 PM
ok cool thanks heaps guys...looks like im gonna go for an aftermarket replacement panel...gonna go for K&N i reckon