PDA

View Full Version : Electrical..??

wOlfee
17-01-2006, 07:52 PM
Hey i got prob where when it rain or i wash my car my car "thinks" the door is open..when i open my door my hazards come on so when it's raining or after i wash my car they come on every now n then...

the problem is my alarm goes off when the door is open so when it rains my alarm goes off.. anyone no what the prob could be or have had this problem befor n know how to fix? it's really annoying my alarm going off at 2am in the morning haha!

thanks for any help.

iamhappy46
17-01-2006, 08:49 PM
If you have your alarm control unit mounted near anywhere that gets wet, that would be the problem.

edit: re-read the post and it made sense:

Check the little push in switch on your chassis frame, no doubt water is causing it to short out and the lights to come on. Your alarm is wired up to the interior light, so this switch shorts out, lights come on and off goes the alarm.

ECU-MAN
17-01-2006, 08:49 PM
what sort of car

wOlfee
18-01-2006, 04:04 PM
sweet ill check that yeah figured water was getting in sum where just wasn't sure.. ill check that htough thanks..

it's a honda civic Si Hatch not sure of the alarm as i got it with the car :P

ECU-MAN
18-01-2006, 10:06 PM
does the interior light come on at all

wOlfee
19-01-2006, 03:54 PM
um i dont think it's on that setting to turn on when door opens.. but im pretty sure it would ill check that though.

lol driving to menai today for bout 5 - 10 minutes hazards just going off people must think im weird.