PDA

View Full Version : Code Alarm - Any Experiences?

Astrodice
18-01-2006, 02:05 PM
Hey all, just a quick query, Ive got a 98 EK Civic sedan and want to put in an alarm/remote door unlocking and ive been looking at getting the Code Alarm Model: CA-130 , which is about $400ish installed (JB HI FI Melb City). Thinking of getting it from there, because of birthday gift vouchers for jb. Thus query is, has anyone had an experiences with Code Alarms before I purchase it.
Also they have suggested i might need an extra part / motor do the driver door for the central locking, about $40 extra, does this sound correct to you?

Many thanks. :honda:

VTECACCORD
18-01-2006, 02:28 PM
the extra motor does sound correct. Most honda's need it.

I personally would go with a Mongoose alarm, i have one now and don't have any problems with it.

If I were you i would get a glass break sensor with it too, don't get any microwave sensors, i had one and it falses a lot.

As for code alarm, haven't heard of it, but at least with JB you get a warranty, as far as installation is concerned, i don't know how good jb is. I personally don't think there are any good installers left out there.

Astrodice
18-01-2006, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the quick response, will ask if they have the window break sensor as an option, as an fyi here is the link to the code alarm distributor which has the details of the alarm:

http://www.zylux.com.au/products.html

raziel
18-01-2006, 07:32 PM
had experience with code alarm for quite a few years now - very good quality , lots of features , average sort of price range for a good alarm ($400 sounds about right) ... as with any alarm , a good installer is required - make sure you get a decent warranty on the installation - just in case :)

mrwillz
18-01-2006, 09:16 PM
JB has the shittest installation (for alarms)
day one, took them over 5hrs to install n still didnt work properly, i kud lock the car fine wif both my doors open wifout alarm noticing.
took back nxt day took another 3hrs of my time to rectify problem

alarm is fine itself, its pretty sensitive, code has a feature where there are 2 stages (5 warning knocks) b4 engaging to 2nd stage where it will require a harder impact to set off.

siren is quite loud, the remotes are OK, as once in a blu moon wil not work for one reason or another.

mrwillz
18-01-2006, 09:21 PM
btw my code alarm is pro-2003

its a standard alarm really nothing over the moon about it n quite pricey.
in melb>dandy>vip audio> they advertise alarm system for $198 installed>entry level alarm
damn i shud of went there instead of payin 400ish

aka_NSX
18-01-2006, 10:05 PM
go for code alarm :thumbsup: , definitely one of the best alarm on the market

try to find ppl know how to install alarm very well, its very important !!!

J-MuN
19-01-2006, 12:06 AM
I would recommend Code-Alarm as a good alarm to get. As ppl said, it is reliable (when installed correctly), good value for money, good quality and best of all, they give you a lifetime warranty with the alarm.

Astrodice
19-01-2006, 09:53 AM
Sincerely, thanks guys for the comments, much appreciated, supposed one thing I havent asked, which i might just call Zylux (distributor) themselves whether they have a glass breakage module for it.

Astro :honda:

ek4-guy
19-01-2006, 11:07 AM
lets all say what alarms we have well im not goin to be that stupid cause i have more than a few mates that only need to know what brand your alarm is an they will get around it
having said this my alarm cost $1400 with two pagers the pager is a very good idea .
i only got it to let me know if someone breaks in but one day this guy in a truck paged me to come move my car instead of him riskin squeezin past my car

oh another thing i forgot car thieves will test your system for weak spots.
ive even heard of them setting of your alarm over an over again till you think its stuffin up an have to turn it off to give your neigbors some peace

couple of good things to do is get the LED in a different colour throws them off they think it one alarm an its another
plus ive got glass sensors but you may also want to think about a microwave sensor ive got one in car . an people will say they give false alarm but they are adjustable wich is the good thing about it
one time i had some idiots sussin out my car so i went out turn the microwave sensor to max an nothing could get within 5 meters of my car with it goin off
if they cant get near it they cant beat the alarm

BrianC
23-01-2006, 04:10 PM
I know a guy who had a gts-t, with FOUR alarms! (claimed). Or two alarms and two immobilzers, something like that. But his car still got stolen from a carpark. I dunno if its even possible to have that many alarms?

Edit Relevance: Not sure if an alarm is as great a deterrent as alot of people think they are.

PS: Another guy i know had his 200 taxed from the station, and the car had every electronic security device on it known to man, including sat-tracking. The ONLY thing he didnt use was a clublock...
Maybe the humble club lock is the way to go? :D