PDA

View Full Version : vtec not engaging?

muli
18-01-2006, 05:05 PM
Stalled my jazz at the light, fired it up again and took off slowly but the car felt sluggish, then 2nd started to rev it and wam bam out of nowhere it starts to go around 4000rpm. tried it again as in stalled it and this time gave gas abit more sluggish but closer to 5000rpm it spiked like my mates dc5r and gave u a slight
push back, not very seamless engagement of vtec:D

anyone wanna try it in their car.

ahcash
19-01-2006, 08:32 AM
muli, may sound stupid .. but how you stalled it? I cannot really stalled the engine in CVT, can I?

You mean the VTEC only comes on after you stalled it?

I have experienced the 5000 - 5500rpm kick back before on my Jazz without first have to stalling the engine.. that's if I can with the CVT..

civiceg9
19-01-2006, 09:05 AM
Stalled my jazz at the light, fired it up again and took off slowly but the car felt sluggish, then 2nd started to rev it and wam bam out of nowhere it starts to go around 4000rpm. tried it again as in stalled it and this time gave gas abit more sluggish but closer to 5000rpm it spiked like my mates dc5r and gave u a slight
push back, not very seamless engagement of vtec:D

anyone wanna try it in their car.

The Jazz L15A VTEC engagement point is around 3500-4000rpm
but how you stall the car??:confused:

ahcash
19-01-2006, 09:48 AM
Yeah.. I was surprised to feel that sudden VTEC kick at around 5500rpm. I thought I was wrong as I remember the L15A engage point is earlier and cannot be felt easily.

After talking to one of my other Jazz mate, he also felt the kick at 5500rpm before.. So, I suspect there is something going on at that high rpm range.

SATANOPERCA
19-01-2006, 10:15 AM
I agree. After installing the TODA Aust. CAI and K&N filter, resetting the ECU, i feel the VTEC engaging in at 5500rpm until it stalls at 7000rpm. It is a good boost, only if it kicked in a little earlier.

Cheers

b18c7
19-01-2006, 11:10 AM
wow you installed a toda Aust, that must have given you a big increase in power, My suggestion to you all would be first, Learn to speak english, then second, learn to type, then learn the difference between hitting the rpm limiter, and stalling.
Then check your lame posts for errors.
gacs.

Felix
19-01-2006, 11:18 AM
My suggestion to you all would be first, Learn to speak english, then second, learn to type, then learn the difference between hitting the rpm limiter, and stalling.

I agree!

SATANOPERCA
19-01-2006, 11:18 AM
Gee,

I did not realise that when I post on this forum, that people were going to be so sensitive to grammar and spelling. It is a forum not a thesis from a PH D student.

Relax a little.

PS I thought this forum was in Chinese not english, better go back to school. If you are so critical on grammar look at your own sentence, we in english speaking countries do not put a capital letter after a comma and generally you try not to use the same word "learn" three times in sentence. Secondly, a comma followed by "and" is not correct grammar.

Next time check what you write before you post slagging off other forumers.

Cheers - I back to school for a lesson in English

Felix
19-01-2006, 11:21 AM
I think its not just bad grammer, but I can hardly make any sense of the first few posts....

hakan
19-01-2006, 11:25 AM
hahahahaha he got u there b18c7 :D this calls for a fight :wave:

b18c7 has a point? stall... i thought that was what happens when u cant drive a manual car :)

Felix
19-01-2006, 11:27 AM
i thought that was what happens when u cant drive a manual car :)

I think they are talking about hitting the rev limiter....
I dunno, i just re read the posts and got even more confused!

hakan
19-01-2006, 11:28 AM
who votes this thread should be cllosed :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
its all over the place

SiR JDM
19-01-2006, 11:53 AM
how bout we discuss the topic at hand instead of taking it off topic and slagging eachother...
dont pick on peoples grammer/spelling... im %100 aussie and speak fluent english and i make more mistakes than anybody.. it is a forum so it does not have to be perfect

Next offtopic reply will get a 3 day ban... cant we have a discussion anymore without people bitching?

Do you have a VAFC or something installed? Sounds like my friends prelude back back in the days when he use to screw around with the vtec engagement and put it to like 4000somethin RPM n the vtec engage would be very powerful .. a big kick back.. but it actually made a fair bit less power...

ahcash
19-01-2006, 03:19 PM
True, do know exactly when it is engaged.. a VAFC or an indicator of some sort is needed to be 100% sure.. if not, we are purely guessing!! Have to admit, the 5500rpm kick back did give me a surprise..

aaronng
19-01-2006, 05:22 PM
The VTiS's engine should have the VTEC point at 3500rpm. Not 5500rpm. Is your Jazz still doing the same after 1 day?

asiansquad
19-01-2006, 05:49 PM
on the vafc it shows vtec engaging at around 2200 rpm

Jus-10
20-01-2006, 08:56 AM
2200 is pretty low man....

Muli I think this is something that is going to be pretty hard to describe unless everyone can experience it. But all I can say is that it doesn't sound normal!

redliner
20-01-2006, 10:03 AM
Am I the only one that doesnt feel VTEC in the Jazz?
Maybe its Vtec engagement is smooth and not noticeable.

aaronng
20-01-2006, 11:50 AM
The VTEC in the jazz serves to run the car in 12 valve mode below 3500rpm to improve mixing and in 16 valve mode above. There is no high-cam/wild cam in the 1.5L VTEC. That's why you don't feel the rush.

muli
21-01-2006, 09:20 AM
The Jazz L15A VTEC engagement point is around 3500-4000rpm
but how you stall the car??:confused:

its a manual, quite easy to stall if you try.

2200 is pretty low man....

Muli I think this is something that is going to be pretty hard to describe unless everyone can experience it. But all I can say is that it doesn't sound normal!

the car drives normal and same since the day i got it. ITS ONLY when i stall it and restart the engine and then take off that it wont engage vtec and engine sounds like something in a fish tank and you cant even hear the pod.

So anyone with a manual 1.5l jazz stall it, then fire it up and drive off and rev it and see if it engages

MRFIT
21-01-2006, 12:18 PM
well..... you do feel the car is alot more responsive when the rpm is above 3500.... and there is definitly a change at about 5500....

who here has a VTEC light installed?

muli
21-01-2006, 03:10 PM
well..... you do feel the car is alot more responsive when the rpm is above 3500.... and there is definitly a change at about 5500....

who here has a VTEC light installed?

after ive stalled it and start to drive again if i give it gas it feels sluggish and engine is quiet then suddenly the revs just jump and the car takes off but after that it feels like normal as in responsive its only when ive stalled it feels sluggish if i try to rev it straight away, i just thought it could be some sort of engine management stopping this from happening for some reason?

aaronng
21-01-2006, 04:30 PM
Sounds like your engine cylinder was flooded with fuel in it when you stalled the car. When you restarted, it took a short while for the plug to dry up and spark to ignite that fuel.

Poeter
21-01-2006, 06:57 PM
Honda's website (http://www.honda.com.au/jazz/vti-s/=technology/_powertrain_vtec+details.htm) claims the vtec engages between 2300-3600 RPM.

JazzR
21-01-2006, 08:43 PM
My VTEC engages at 2300rpm and my car is stock A/T.

muli
23-01-2006, 10:25 AM
Sounds like your engine cylinder was flooded with fuel in it when you stalled the car. When you restarted, it took a short while for the plug to dry up and spark to ignite that fuel.

thats what i was thinking too

piterr
02-02-2006, 04:35 PM
The VTEC in the jazz serves to run the car in 12 valve mode below 3500rpm to improve mixing and in 16 valve mode above. There is no high-cam/wild cam in the 1.5L VTEC. That's why you don't feel the rush.

according to my honda mechanic, L15A VTEC engine engage the vtec point at 3500RPM at half throttle, but in Wide open throttle it engage at 2200 RPM, you can test it by installing a VTEC point indicator, when the selenoid valve opened the valve, it will light up. just as that simple..... :honda: and FYI, the vtec is not working when the transmission is on N, as the light from my vtec point indicator never light up when i push the throttle to the limit on Neutral.....

ahcash
03-02-2006, 08:02 AM
where can you get the VTEC point indicator?