PDA

View Full Version : Clarion or .....

_MaT_
18-01-2006, 09:42 PM
Hey pplz,
Need some help and advice....buying first audio setup for 94 Accord. Iv got a friend at an car/home audio store who is offering a clarion DXZ556MP h/u, clarion APX6404 amp, rockford fosgate 12" P1 sub with a box for under a grand. BUT when asking around for advice i was told that i was wasting my money with clarion n would be better off with pioneer or sony for less money??? Any opinions or advice plzz?

ICACHA
18-01-2006, 10:02 PM
IMO you can go back to those people and tell the to STFU :)

Clarion is a very good choice, nothing wrong with rockford *cough* but there are much better choices out there, but if rockford suit your budget then go for it.

J-MuN
19-01-2006, 12:10 AM
Yeah, they are all good brands but there are other brands that are just as good but are better value for money options.

[ricer]
19-01-2006, 12:23 AM
i like jvc headunits and they are relatively cheap and have heaps of good features
they even make a dvd player one which is heaps cheap

cheap pionner decks suck
the ones with half decent features cost an arm and a leg

as for speakers and subs and amps i know nothing

edit: i also noticed your in sydney, give dsire4sound a call their prices are so cheap, might even be able to get a better system for 1000
i got my last 2 cars done there!

89civic
19-01-2006, 12:53 PM
Dont get sony! Waste o money better of payin a bit more for quality

kerim
19-01-2006, 02:40 PM
ey man, IMO clarion is the best. they are very reliable and have great quality and can read scratched cds that others cant.
i got a dxz835mp and this thing rocks
stick with the clarion

arverson
19-01-2006, 03:05 PM
mat, seeing as ur friend is offering alll of his components for UNDER 1G, id go with ur frendz system - all that RRPs for over 1G so id say its a good deal. im sure ur friend wont try n dodge ya or wateva. how old r they?? still in good condition right?? warranty??(if ur worried about that)

but yes, if u decide not to go wit it, theres lots of options out there to start on. but the advice about sony -even low-midspec pioneer- instead of clarion.... pffffft sounds like pure marketing there

Fhrx
23-01-2006, 08:58 AM
There is absolutely nothing wrong with Clarion. It's decks are among the best in the world; on par with Pioneer, Alpine, Nakamichi etc...