PDA

View Full Version : mounting sub box

89civic
19-01-2006, 01:05 PM
Hi, how has everyone secured their sub box to the boot floor, i dont want to have brackets and stuff everywhere, the sub will be facing the front so i can see it when the seat is down, also saves space! so any help would be great

stanleym
19-01-2006, 01:31 PM
hey i have 2 sub boxes in my 96 tegra i havn't needed to bolt it down t fits purfectly between the space behind the seats facing both ways
just jet some L brackets and attach to bottom of sub box and to floor its really the only way to mount cleanly and stop moving(the floor dont move the box shouldn't if done properly)

u can pretty easily make your brackets away for easy view place and back of boot on edge etc

and even if that doesn't work get some velcrow attach to floor and to sub box and line it up properly then u should be fine

89civic
19-01-2006, 01:36 PM
Hey thanks for that, do u rekon it will be ok to put a screw into the end of 18mm MDF with pre drilling the hole or would it split with the bass?

stanleym
19-01-2006, 01:42 PM
interesting thought i dont think it should split providing its not on the edge of the md floor i have screwd a 10" sub to mates floor no problems there but just make sure u aint screwing through the spare tyre under neath think about sub and amp position before u do any screwing etc

i dont think it should split

kerim
19-01-2006, 02:32 PM
ey man
i got a 99 civic sedan and i had to get a custom mdf plate made coz the original one was too thin.
i out the sub box in and screwed them in now i cant put the spare in, but its worth it

Slow96GSR
19-01-2006, 03:07 PM
Velcro!! If the box is carpeted and the floor is carpet get some of the stiff velcro and staple it to the floor or the box.

89civic
19-01-2006, 05:04 PM
ey man
i got a 99 civic sedan and i had to get a custom mdf plate made coz the original one was too thin.
i out the sub box in and screwed them in now i cant put the spare in, but its worth it
Im gettin one of those space saver tyres soon, so i made a new floor for the boot today so it sits lower and the box will fit :)

revNhevN
19-01-2006, 05:10 PM
U used U-Bolts to secure my box to my rear strut brace. I have wing-nuts on the end so i can remove it quickly if needed. But still remain totally secure.

stanleym
19-01-2006, 10:04 PM
Velcro!! If the box is carpeted and the floor is carpet get some of the stiff velcro and staple it to the floor or the box.

was mentioned above but ii dont mind an echo

lol :D :D

Captiva_Blue
20-01-2006, 12:39 PM
Get a hold of something like this

http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/old_images/acc/rokstrap16.jpg

it's just a webbing strap with a clip about halfway along, makes removing the box really easy and won't leave a mess when you remove the sub for good.. this was from a UK audio supply website but I think jaycar sells something similar.