PDA

View Full Version : Loud Shock Sound...

LSD GD3
21-01-2006, 09:44 AM
i have a 2005 VTI-S CVT

Been driving the jazz around northern Sydney near St ive...
There are so many holes on the inner suburb roads …

Sometime I drive through one of these small holes with a bit of breaking I hear a loud shocking thump sound from the wheels or suspension at the same time feels like something loose when pressing on the break…

Is it just the shocks too short and hit the top sounds? Or would anyone know different…
Plz help..

thx

muli
21-01-2006, 10:26 AM
could be the abs?

asiansquad
21-01-2006, 10:32 AM
i have a 2005 VTI-S CVT

Been driving the jazz around northern Sydney near St ive...
There are so many holes on the inner suburb roads …

Sometime I drive through one of these small holes with a bit of breaking I hear a loud shocking thump sound from the wheels or suspension at the same time feels like something loose when pressing on the break…

Is it just the shocks too short and hit the top sounds? Or would anyone know different…
Plz help..

thx

sometimes that happens to me too

STTICH
21-01-2006, 10:39 AM
yea tats ur Advance Braking System, its normal, when it engage, ur brake peddle kinda vibrates a little. tho.. its strange how the abs in a jazz is abit louder than others. if u really arent sure and want a further confirmation, remember the exact location of the pothole..drive over it again..once wth applying a little pressure on the brakes, and a second time without braking. experience will give u the answer u're looking for. :)

TypeG
21-01-2006, 11:13 AM
yes
Jazz ABS is loud
scare me before

MRFIT
21-01-2006, 12:14 PM
mine does that too...... besides i have installed H bar, sometime it makes a loud noise too when i brake really really really hard....

LSD GD3
21-01-2006, 01:41 PM
Hummmm i am just wishing it is .... guys ... but is louder then abs cos it dosn't do the sound when i do suddent stops to kicks in abs....

Judge
21-01-2006, 04:29 PM
sounds more like your hitting the bump stops when the shocks have been fully compressed

STTICH
22-01-2006, 12:05 PM
its not possible tat he'll b hitting the bumpstop going thru 'small holes' on a standard shock/springs (i assume??), unless he's running some very very low springs. plus, the bumstops for jazz is quite long and soft, if its making a 'loud shocking thump sound', its not likely to b the bumpstop.

if this concern seriouly grows on u, just take it back to the dealers :)

ahcash
22-01-2006, 10:01 PM
mine does that too...... besides i have installed H bar, sometime it makes a loud noise too when i brake really really really hard....

Happen to me when we went for the Intial D driving one night with the gang.. I was force to enaged on the brake hard .. and suddenly a bit "clunk" sound and scared me.. I thought it was the H bar holding the chassis together can making that noise..

hakan
22-01-2006, 10:10 PM
yea tats ur Advance Braking System, its normal, when it engage, ur brake peddle kinda vibrates a little. tho.. its strange how the abs in a jazz is abit louder than others. if u really arent sure and want a further confirmation, remember the exact location of the pothole..drive over it again..once wth applying a little pressure on the brakes, and a second time without braking. experience will give u the answer u're looking for. :)

advance braking system??? i thought it was anti lock braking system????

bennjamin
22-01-2006, 10:19 PM

what exactly is this "advance brakign system" ? :rolleyes:

Before stating inncorrect information , i suggst you study alittle bit more yourself.

Here ~ start reading :) www.howstuffworks.com (http://www.howstuffworks.com)

STTICH
22-01-2006, 10:30 PM
my bad. thanks for pointing tat out. deep apology :o

Tony
23-01-2006, 03:27 AM
Have you checked your wheel bearings?

Jazzle
23-01-2006, 08:20 AM
trust me it's normal.. the brake normally doesn't produce that much noise even if u brake hard in straight rd.. it usually makes some loud cranking noise when u b rake during a turn on shit rds...

it sounds like the suspension is collapsing right?? tha'ts normal for the jazz =))