PDA

View Full Version : Windows fogging up

ikebin
22-01-2006, 08:55 PM
hi everyone, i've had my euro for a year now and haven't had too many problem with it but while driving in the rain all last week i had to switch on the front defogger. The problem is that when this is on, cold air comes out of the top section of the driver's (right of the steering wheel) vent and the most left vent blows onto the front most corner of the side windows. I have observed the corner of the window fog up so much i cannot view both my side mirrors. I tried to close the vents but conld air still come out of the top section of the vent. The only way to get rid of the fog is to 'wind' down and up both mirrors as the fog is on the outside. Is this just my car? I didn't have the patience to read the manual when i got the car and still don't. And help would be appreciated!

aaronng
22-01-2006, 09:47 PM
What was the outside temperature, the temperature set on your climate control, and was it set to auto?

EuroAccord13
23-01-2006, 05:08 AM
I think, if I still remember my Physics is that the reason it is fogging on the outside surface of the window is because your interior temperature inside the car reflects the temperature on the window and is lower than the temperature on the outside which causes condensation on the outside window.. It doesn't help if you are blowing cold air to towards the window... Make sure the A/C is on (Not just the fan) and increase the temperature of the A/C...

Hope this helps....

P.S Moving this to the Tech side of the forums....

bramtram
09-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Had exactly the same happening to me. Really weird that it happens only in the corner of the front windows, so the side mirrors can't be used. will try increasing the temp next time it happens.

EK1 Civic
09-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Open your windows lol, i hate using a/c for some reason. Leave a tiny gap on your front windows, the outside air will keep the temperature similar to outside so your windows don't fog.

Bludger
16-12-2010, 08:00 AM
Using a/c is very effective.

Problem is as soon as you turn it off it fogs up right away,

When defogging without a/c it might not be as effective but it tends not to fog up again so easy.

xclusive_eg8
16-12-2010, 02:12 PM
do any of you guys run without A/C?? does the rainx interior help at all?

Bludger
16-12-2010, 02:17 PM
I don't like using a/c for defog, but if its heavy, then i do use it.

helps a little.

xclusive_eg8
16-12-2010, 08:49 PM
just thinking of taking my aircon outa my civic lol....its not like i use it normally, only for defogging

mocchi
16-12-2010, 08:54 PM
Using a/c is very effective.

Problem is as soon as you turn it off it fogs up right away,

When defogging without a/c it might not be as effective but it tends not to fog up again so easy.

yeah true, i think its because the air from AC has been dehumidified by the dryer thus making it suitable to remove humid air in car cabin.

any solution if one was to have no aircon installed?