PDA

View Full Version : Another clutch thread

Z
23-01-2006, 02:03 PM
getting a new clutch installed on my d16, just need to confirm..

Exedy/Daikin Standard Clutch Kit
HCK-7322
This is simply an oem replacement (ie: same feel/strength/whatnot as stock)?

Exedy/Daikin Heavy Duty Clutch Kit (Sports Tuff)
HCK-7322HD
This is the heavy duty kit people have been posting about in other threads, and what i should probably be looking at getting?

Is there anything else that is not included in the kit that i'd need to get/replace?

cheers.

Twincam16
23-01-2006, 03:50 PM
Clutch kits are just that, clutch kits...
ie. clutch & pressure plate...

Id reccomend getting a lighter flywheel if you are going to go heavy duty clutch...

Z
23-01-2006, 03:52 PM
Clutch kits are just that, clutch kits...
ie. clutch & pressure plate...

Id reccomend getting a lighter flywheel if you are going to go heavy duty clutch...

thought as much. would a lightened fly be entirely neccessary. primary use of my car is to/from work/uni, occassional hard driving, no track use...

thanks.

bennjamin
23-01-2006, 04:02 PM
thought as much. would a lightened fly be entirely neccessary. primary use of my car is to/from work/uni, occassional hard driving, no track use...

thanks.

Not needed - its a bonus (increases response etc etc) but just a added thing.

Dont forget a new pilot (flywheel bearing) and release bearing (thrust bearing).

uetecu
23-01-2006, 04:21 PM
Lightened Flywheel
-> car rev's up quicker when accelerating;
-> car revs die quicker when not accelerating.

Only change it if that suits your driving style.

Weq
23-01-2006, 05:21 PM
the kits should come with thrust bearing. i had to by a pilot on my own. AS for these questions, i have personally answered them many tiiime. unless u want to run boost, just go with the cheapest clutch. otherwise the HD will be fine for a stock engine.