PDA

View Full Version : H22A or Turbocharge a F22B?

danni_d
23-01-2006, 10:27 PM
title says it all. give me info :P~ . which one do you think would be better?

stephen8512
23-01-2006, 11:01 PM
im not entirely sure but i heard F22B turbocharging is a lot more cost effective and easier to do than tryin to turbo a H22A?
although i have seen a few H22A's in the states have superchargers....

dc4t
23-01-2006, 11:12 PM
lol h22a is a straight swap into a cd5.. will cost u about 4000 max if u do it urself.. turbo is a big hassle bcoz of tuning etc

Eclipsor
23-01-2006, 11:53 PM
A crap load of people in the states turbo thier f22's. Apparently they have stronger cylinder walls from stock??? Plus if you blow one up they're a much cheaper engine to replace. However, with turbo parts being harder to get over here the cost factor might blow out to be much more than a h22a. (have you checked out the kit in the fs section atm). Check out these forums in the US. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=62

Also check out hond tech and do a search. A heap of info there.

razaman
24-01-2006, 05:29 AM
IMO it will be cheaper to swap an H22 than turbo the F22. Plus you will have a more reliable package and no turbo lag.

Raz

h22a accord
24-01-2006, 10:22 AM
terms of cost and reliability- h22a

danni_d
24-01-2006, 01:59 PM
A crap load of people in the states turbo thier f22's. Apparently they have stronger cylinder walls from stock??? Plus if you blow one up they're a much cheaper engine to replace. However, with turbo parts being harder to get over here the cost factor might blow out to be much more than a h22a. (have you checked out the kit in the fs section atm). Check out these forums in the US. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=62

Also check out hond tech and do a search. A heap of info there.

the part how u said that f22b's have stronger cylinder walls.. does anyone know if thats true?

h22a accord
24-01-2006, 02:08 PM
the part how u said that f22b's have stronger cylinder walls.. does anyone know if thats true?

It's true, combined with lower compression which is ideal for forced induction.

danni_d
24-01-2006, 02:11 PM
that sounds good. so what if i can get a full turbo kit for a f22b for 900 would it be worth it turbocharging it?

Eclipsor
24-01-2006, 02:57 PM
Are you talking about the kit in the fs section? Even with most other turbo kits the thing they're missing is an ecu of some sorts which you would probably want to factor in as well as tuning. So check if you're getting that for the price. However, assuming all the parts in the kit are reliable if it was me I would definitely consider it. Just make sure you do your research and compare the total costs of the project (if money is an issue that is) including ALL required parts, installation, tuning. If you check that link I gave you will find people who have done it and who have power estimations etc so you can compare those with a h22a if that is your main concern.

smoknhothonda
24-01-2006, 03:26 PM
The HKS kit for sale in the FS section used to be mine, it was used for roughly 8000 kays, and is a cheap way of starting out.

Something like a unichip, Uberdata is all that is needed to get the thing running, and would cost you all up around 2-3k fitted and tuned.

With that kit you would be all over a N/A H22A 5th Gen.

With a bigger turbo, you would eat a stockish N/A H22A

j-specAccord
24-01-2006, 03:57 PM
if you visit topendmotorsports.com or accordracing.com you will find a full turbonetics kit complete with T3/T4, ECU intercooler and everything else for bout 5-6000$ US, i was considering this kit for ma F22 but i decided to go for VTEC power... i havent looked back!

b00std
24-01-2006, 04:30 PM
that turbo kit is mine:D
if you want it its there:D

poid
24-01-2006, 10:26 PM
i'd boost the F series, if you do it right you have more power, little to no lag and its reliable

Spoon-Accord
25-01-2006, 03:32 AM
danni.. well well finally found you

well.. H22a, your older brother owns a H22a powered accord. you should know how it feels

u should look into turboing ur accord atm..
get that kit and run a emanage. run low psi and ur set.

thats if u want that head turning attention that i want ;]~

take care Dee

thumbs up!

danni_d
25-01-2006, 11:02 PM
i'd boost the F series, if you do it right you have more power, little to no lag and its reliable

what do u mean by doing it right?. lol. what do u do to make it right?

poid
26-01-2006, 09:18 PM
as in dont cut corners...use a decent ECU and larger injectors and make sure it is tuned by someone competant. And make sure you keep up with the regular maintenence (oil changes, keep an eye on the oil level etc)

stephen8512
27-01-2006, 08:32 AM
but that goes without saying. any car when supercharging/turboing will have to be done right and without shortcuts in order to run at its maximum efficiency and power.
im not too edumacated on F22's and H22's so just a question....
what makes the F22 have little lag when turboing as compared to the H22? and how does it get more power from, say, turboing a H22?
i know that F22 blocks are built pretty sturdy but not sure about the other 2 factors?

poid
27-01-2006, 09:40 AM
it does go without saying, but you wouldnt believe the number of people who think they can cut corners in basic areas (ie use a rising rate reg with stock injectors and no timing retard) and still have a reliable car.

the lag comment wasnt made with the F22 in mind relative to the H22A...it was made as a statement "you can do it so you dont have much/any lag". That applies to both engines, and depends on turbo choice, manifold design, exhaust and intercooler piping diameter.

The more power comment was made because the comparison here is whether to turbo the F22 or swap in a H22A...the turbo F will have more power/torque than the H swap.

A turbo stock H22 will have more power than a turbo stock F22, as you are starting with a freer flowing and higher compression engine. But for the price of swapping in a H and boosting it, you could have rebuilt the F with forged internals and then its another ball game :)

CHU85
27-01-2006, 06:26 PM
i'd go with the h22a. cos u can only go forward from there if u need more power.
If u dont have much knowledge and rely on workshops then definately get the h22a.
No disrespect there poid!
In the end of the day, its ur money so its ur decision.

Good Luck!