PDA

View Full Version : Bride Seats + Racing Harnesses

shebangs
25-01-2006, 01:03 PM
I wanna change the stock seats on my DC2 to Bride Full Bucket Seats. Obviously I'll need rails. I was also hoping to get Racing Harnesses aswell to replace my seatbelts.

Are both of these legal and ADR approved? I'm guessing the harnesses might be a long shot, but unsure about the Seats and new rails.

Matt

SPEEDCORE
25-01-2006, 01:44 PM
Are you running a cage?

Limbo
25-01-2006, 01:47 PM
I believe Bride ones are and they are also FIA approved.
If you get the rails from them also they should be fine.
I note JDM concept in the traders is selling them but i think he only has rails for dc5r

ekslut
25-01-2006, 01:51 PM
Don't use a harness unless you have a harness bar. Or else you will really hurt yourself in a accident. Compress the spine I belive if you actually did roll over.

Also are you tracking your car or not? Coz if not, just get some reclinable seats. There is no need for a full fixed back race seat, and its a bitch to use everyday.

Some of the recaro's I beleive are ADR approved, so if you use the recaro seat rails then they should be approved too.

incoming
25-01-2006, 01:52 PM
i dunno bout QLD laws
but in NSW if ur gona swap the seats, they need to be engineered and they MUST be reclineable for back seat passengers to get in/out

unless its stated on the eng cert that ur car is no longer a 4/5 seater

quangsta
25-01-2006, 01:55 PM
i believe you have to get your rails certified...and ur harness must be atleast 45 degrees to the seat, which means growing through your rear seats...which is illegal as your car is registered as a 4 seater, so unless you take out your rear seats and get your registered as 2 seater your harness is gonna b illegal...

hope that makes some sort of sense..

edit: and what incoming said they have to be reclineable so the fixed back buckets will be illegal either way...

SPEEDCORE
25-01-2006, 02:06 PM
Don't use a harness unless you have a harness bar.

Don't confuse harness bar with a cage bro.... they serve two totally different purposes. :!:

A harness bar will not protect you in a roll over. I am very against cars running harnesses without cages.

ekslut
25-01-2006, 02:30 PM
Don't confuse harness bar with a cage bro.... they serve two totally different purposes. :!:

A harness bar will not protect you in a roll over. I am very against cars running harnesses without cages.

True a harness bar actually needs to be used with a roll cage for the harness to do its job right.

Problem with harness on the street is coz in the case of a roll over, when the roof collapses in ontop of you and if you are wearing a harness there is no room to move. You are pinned back from the shoulders down, and there is a fair chance the roof will collapse down ontop of you and break your neck, or compress the spine. If you have a normal seatbelt on, there is room to be pushed out the side and avoid being squashed.

shebangs
25-01-2006, 02:43 PM
So FIA approved is good enough? I don't know what FIA is, all I know is in Australia if it's ADR if it's fine to put on your car without any engineering Certs.

SPEEDCORE
25-01-2006, 03:01 PM
FIA is the main International Federation of Automotive motorsport. Things that have FIA approval have passed their requirements of safety etc. for motorsport use.

FIA approval does not extend to the road registered car in Australian roads. ADR is what rules supreme! To change seats for a road registered vehicle you need to have seats that have ADRs. You will also need to have an engineers certificate as there has been a change in the original specification of the car when it originally had ADR testing done to it.

In short you need ADR compliant seat/s, rails (or custom made that conforms to an engineers satisfaction) then an engineers approval.

I hope this helps you and other in the future. *if they bother to search :p *

Regards,

Speedy

shebangs
25-01-2006, 03:10 PM
wow, thats really annoying. So in a perfect world, even if I bought ADR Seats, ADR rails, ADR Roll Cage and ADR harnesses, I still have to get it certed? Jeez. Makes sense though, part that doesnt make sense is how people can get away with putting RB26DETT's into there CA18 S13's without needing any approval or certs.