PDA

View Full Version : high pitch sound coming from tweeter

hunterD
25-01-2006, 05:28 PM
hey guys.

after i got my car back from the wreckers i copped a little dint on my alpine tweeters. the problem is... after that incident, every now and then when my music is playing i would hear a really high pitch sound coming from one tweeter. and it makes the sounds also when im changing gears or gearing down.

i was told that maybe there was lose connection, something relating to the alternator, or because my power cable are next to my rcas.

another thing, i know i can get it fixed from an autoelectrician, but i dont wanna throw my money at em when i could prolly fix it myself.

any suggestions?

Slow96GSR
25-01-2006, 06:10 PM
...i was told that maybe there was lose connection, something relating to the alternator, or because my power cable are next to my rcas...

As Carlos Mencia would say "Duh duh duhhhh!!!" I would bet you one dolla, yes one dolla, that you would cut that noise down by 50% or more just by moving the RCA's away from the power wires! Then check all your grounds... any mounted to a painted surface? How about lose or not connected to metal or a metal part not connected to the chassis? Ok?!

hunterD
25-01-2006, 06:22 PM
yeah ok, but before my tweeters got knocked why wasnt it making that noise if the cables were still next to each other?

and my grounds are all checked, its fine..

Fhrx
25-01-2006, 08:34 PM
Check the tweeters and make sure it is okay and still measuring the right resistance.

If you've checked all the other usual things then look for things like where your crossovers are mounted. If they're too close to electrical cables you can suffer that dreaded noise sometimes too. :(