PDA

View Full Version : my 99 v6 accord.

accordingly flash
26-01-2006, 08:36 PM
well i have commented on this a few times in here....my auto box thumps,well i was in maccas drive thru the other nite,foot flat to the floor on the brake in drive,hit the throttle and the engine nearly jumps out...so i do the same thing at home today,father in law behind the wheel,me under the bonnet,and the bloody jumps 4 inches,engine mount i suspect,will it be the cause of my thumping.....is this a common thing.

stephen8512
27-01-2006, 08:30 AM
ummm
doesnt sound common....check up on it
ur engine mounts may be loose
but once question...why did u put the brakes on and hit the throttle to begin with in the first place?

SiReal
27-01-2006, 08:32 AM
I think what he's referring to is the Autobox and the way you drive it. You know, to stop, press the brake , then lift off and onto the accelerator to move forward. wording got me confused a bit as well but I got it in the end. I don't think he'll be dumb enough to press both at the same time.

stephen8512
27-01-2006, 08:39 AM
yeah thats what i was thinkin. why would u press at the same time? lol
hmm if ur referring to the autobox, it def. should NOT jump out like that.
what do u mean by "thumping"?

accordingly flash
27-01-2006, 09:42 AM
sireal got it lol...sorry too many rums....it thumps when hard excelerating,and then kicks back,it is the engine not the box,,,just rang my local honda that told me cos my vin doesnt start with a j its not correct.....rang another honda dealer who told me my vin means us vehicle built in oz....short of it is,the mount that is flogged will set me back $246.

SiReal
27-01-2006, 03:29 PM
so you are saying some parts of your car was locally assembled?! confused.