PDA

View Full Version : wiring packs

soul4real
07-04-2004, 12:16 PM
For a small setup, something like headunit, amp, splits, sub. Would an 8 gauge wiring pack be sufficient ?

What brands are good ? The guy at JB recommended stinger over the cadence pack.

vti-2
07-04-2004, 02:11 PM
Stinger, Cadence it's all the same stuff. 8 gauge should be heaps for a small system but if you plan on upgrading get 4 gauge now cause cabling isn't cheap and replacing it later will be a waste of money!

Brand wise though, not much difference. I've used Stinger/Vivanco/Audison and some other 'high-end' brands i can't remember off the top of my head in the past and they did the job.

Javed
07-04-2004, 08:55 PM
go to jaycar and buy the stuff yourself, works out cheaper ;)

euro77
07-04-2004, 10:36 PM
Streetwires & Phoenix Gold are also other brands to look at

bigbuddha
08-04-2004, 12:01 AM
Indeed ... I used Phoenix Gold in my previous ride .. it's quality stuff IMO

vti-2
08-04-2004, 07:46 AM
Streetwires & Phoenix Gold are also other brands to look at

:thumbsup:

go to jaycar and buy the stuff yourself, works out cheaper ;)

Javed - i'm really skeptical when it comes to using Jaycar speaker cables. Power, earth etc yes but i wouldn't buy RCA's and speaker wire from them.

Some people will argue till they are red in the face that there's no difference but there is. I experimented on my home system once using both relatively cheap speaker cabling and high-end Vivanco speaker cabling and noticed a huge difference in quality. I've also heard many many high-end (audiophile) car systems and again the cable quality was critical to perfecting the sound. :)

Fhrx
08-04-2004, 08:48 AM
We put together customised Stinger, Phoenix Gold and QED cable kits and ship them everyday. Be careful of some pre-packed cable kits though as many don't include speaker cables.