PDA

View Full Version : Hard to decide

Bam
07-04-2004, 12:19 PM
Hey

I am getting my second car in the next couple of weeks, i am looking at either a 1994 Integra, or around a 93 Prelude.
I am just after some advise in terms of the better buy (I know it depends on a lot of variables, but just in terms of the model etc..)
I am still on my P's, so maybe the 2.3 Prelude would be a bit much insurance?

If anyone has any comments that would be great.
Thanks.

Also, i appologise if i have posted in the incorrect section, i had a look, this seemed like the most appropriate.

vti-2
07-04-2004, 02:06 PM
Get the Integra! But i've got a soft spot for DC2's. :)

snowman95
07-04-2004, 05:31 PM
get the teg

joneblaze
07-04-2004, 06:07 PM
What sort of budget are you on? What are you looking for in your new car? Speed/reliability/looks?

Either way, go the Integra... ;)

Javed
07-04-2004, 06:10 PM
You posted in the teg section mate, i think you will get biased decisions lol. If it were me prelude all the way, thats a gen 4 right?

McChook
07-04-2004, 06:20 PM
It dpends on what you want to do with the car.....
IMO, you are trying to compare a Teg gsi with a Lude Si... In which case the prelude is a 10 times better car. However, if you car looking between an Integra vtir and a Prelude VTiR, it is a much of a muchness, just depends on your plans and what you want it for.

joneblaze
07-04-2004, 06:23 PM
It dpends on what you want to do with the car.....
IMO, you are trying to compare a Teg gsi with a Lude Si... In which case the prelude is a 10 times better car. However, if you car looking between an Integra vtir and a Prelude VTiR, it is a much of a muchness, just depends on your plans and what you want it for.

How come the Prelude Si is 10x better than the GSi? :roll:
AFAIK they both share similar interiors, power options, they both have a sunroof and share similar power outputs. The GSi has driver airbags and the Lude has 4WS (which I've heard a few lude owners refer to as a hassle). That's all I could think of....

EDIT: Apologies I'm thinking about the 90 model Ludes... hehe. 93 is like Az's... oops :oops: :)

Bam
07-04-2004, 06:35 PM
I would be looking at either a Gsi (Integra), Or the Si (Prelude)

The furtherest i can see myself going with the car is to do the whole lowering, rims etc.....
I want reliable car, someone told me Preludes have more to go wrong. (4 wheel steer) etc..
I found a very nice 95 Integra Gsi with lowish K's for 12,500.
I also found a 93 Prelude Si, with mid K's for about the same.

Javed
07-04-2004, 06:36 PM
Hahahaha, that was a dig at us gsi owners!! hahaha jon playing the defense for us go son! Jon what have you doen to ur gsi? :D

joneblaze
07-04-2004, 06:43 PM
Nah no defense, I was just confused. :)
But if it's the 93 Prelude Si vs GSi then i think it's really up to personal preference. No idea where the "10x better" came from. :)
My GSi's stock Javed. Just sits a little lower than usual!

Javed
07-04-2004, 07:26 PM
Ahhh cool, respecting what Honda did so well hey? :)

joneblaze
07-04-2004, 07:29 PM
Ahhh cool, respecting what Honda did so well hey? :)

Well a little bit of that... and lack of funds ;)

Sorry for the hijack Bam...

Bam
07-04-2004, 07:52 PM
Thats ok.
I am leaning towards the Integra now anyway, i rang the insurance company. Grrr.
Anyway,
I found an awesome Black Teg, but it dosn't have a spoiler.
Can anyone help me out there? Good place to go?

mike_cheung
07-04-2004, 09:25 PM
help you out with wat??

McChook
07-04-2004, 11:00 PM
Drive a Gen 4 Prelude back to back with a 94 Integra gsi... worlds apart. Jon, yours isn;t that old remember. The early DC2 gsi's were quite average IMO. The question asked 94 integra, so keeping with lack of power, lack of fun and lack of refinement, I believe a 4th Gen Prelude Si is 10 times better than a 94 integra gsi.

It wasn;'t a gsi copout, but it was an early DC2 gsi copout. I believe the later models are much nicer.

As for the 4 Wheel Steering - in Gen 3 preludes, I personally hate it. 4th Gens have electronic 4WS, which is less instrusive..

Ironfist
08-04-2004, 12:11 AM
I have to agree, i have a dc2 vtir

Both vtir ... it doesn't really matter

If it was gsi vs si ... si is 10X better. Friend used to have a si. I reckon it was awesome, nice crusiy car, cool ass dash, cruise control. When you've got a teg it feels like you have to prove yourself because of the type R's and everyone wants to race you. This is not a slander against gsi's being crapper then vtirs.

It's just the facts :P

but like you've probably seen... tegs are cheaper by a few hundred then preludes. I guess it all depends on your budget... either way ... don't get a civic :)

Javed
08-04-2004, 01:08 AM
It wasn;'t a gsi copout, but it was an early DC2 gsi copout. I believe the later models are much nicer.

Dang :(

euGeR
12-04-2004, 12:24 AM
Thats ok.
I am leaning towards the Integra now anyway, i rang the insurance company. Grrr.
Anyway,
I found an awesome Black Teg, but it dosn't have a spoiler.
Can anyone help me out there? Good place to go?

DC2 without the spoiler looks "HOT" :D .. especially if done right!
sometimes I think the spoiler ruins the fine lines ......

another plus is... you don't have to plug up holes if you want the GT style wing ;)

imminent_
12-04-2004, 10:00 AM
eewwwwwww a teg without a spoiler. looks like a polished turd if you ask me

then again, i like GT spoilers.. anyone else think they're cool?

</hijack>

12-04-2004, 11:17 AM
nop :P, not too much of a fan of spoilers. =)

12-04-2004, 11:26 AM
my brother's thinking about
selling his 4th Gen prelude JDM (h22a dohc v-tec), i can ask him how much he wants for it if your interested?

Bam
12-04-2004, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the input everyone.
I am going down this week to pick up a Black 94 Gsi
Cant wait.

I have 1500 spending money left. Hmmmm System or Rims??

luzinit
12-04-2004, 04:48 PM
ir eckon system! coz u will be able to enjoy it while u drive, whereas rims, ull only appreciate it just as u leave the car or before u enter!

joneblaze
12-04-2004, 06:06 PM
eewwwwwww a teg without a spoiler. looks like a polished turd if you ask me

then again, i like GT spoilers.. anyone else think they're cool?

</hijack>
LMFAO.... my car looks like a polished turd? :roll:

euGeR
12-04-2004, 06:07 PM
ahhaha system!! (if you like high fidelity)

Alpine 9815 (mad feature - bass correction)
GT-42 Boston Acoustics amp
Dyn Audio 6" splits (needs work to get into a DC2 - tweeters are big but DIY)
Boston C110 10" subwoofer

and the thing will boom :D