PDA

View Full Version : Wat light is best in rain

jeffchen
27-01-2006, 03:32 AM
Hello everyone,
I'm a newbie here, and i don't know if this have been convered before but i couldn't find it anywhere,
well here goes, i just bought a pair of narva artic blues for my Jazz and i was wondering are these headlights any good in the rain? or do you prefer the normal stock headlights in rain? and also are they any good at all, i mean i do prefer a whiter light when driving however if i was to sacrifice visibility i might consider changing again..... thanks for you help in advance

Jeffrey

dark138
27-01-2006, 05:03 AM
because the car is quite high, the light doesn't really shine on the road reflectors

get HIDs/fog lights and point them down

civiceg9
27-01-2006, 08:39 AM
Yellow is visible in Rain
White is better at night time also high reflecting on road signs
You need something in between, Yellow/White

or just get some fog lights so you can see in the rain :D

ef8
27-01-2006, 08:55 AM
I have nokya 7500k bulbs, almost blue.They are f@#ked in the rain. The oem bulbs are way better. What rating are your bulbs?

jeffchen
27-01-2006, 01:06 PM
The ratings are the same as the OEM bulbs i don't want to do any damage to my car :)

aaronng
27-01-2006, 01:10 PM
White and blue are terrible in the rain. Best is the stock Halogens for the rain. That's why cars with HIDs usually come with foglights, because they are not as good as halogens in fog.
I am using Osram Silverstars +50%. It's the same colour as the halogens, same 55watt rating as my stocks and 50% brighter. I can see that the throw of the light is much further compared to the stockies.

civiceg9
27-01-2006, 01:23 PM
White lights is better for the eyes as is daylight colour.
Rain is clear hence if white light on water is not so good.

actually OEM HID is rated at around 4500k is a yellow/white
some are higher with projectors but there light output is affects by the projector lens.
changing a bulb is not going to do any damages to your car.
NAXXX Lights are actually very STANDARD bulbs, better to save some money and get the AutotechXXXX at Kmart which does the same job. Thats from self experience.

OH Yeah 25% off Auto stuff at Kmart this week.
I already stock up hehe :D

Jeff if you are interested in getting a bulb PM me.:wave:

jeffchen
27-01-2006, 01:28 PM
Damm it, i should have just stuck to my OEM globes, good thing i didn't change the bulbs yet.... i think i might go and buy the bulbs that say 50% more lighting as i thought that these whiter globes might be good in rain well at least i now know before i go and get them changed FEW!!!

civiceg9
27-01-2006, 01:49 PM
Yeah you get what you pay for
go try the philips demo light box at Autobarn.
U can try there range of light bulbs there before you buy.
NarXX source there bulbs and HID kits from Asia, since you have tried u know how they are.

What they say on the stickers sometimes is not reflected on a real car.
The elements of the car headlights/Lens is too great. There are many factors need to be consider.

If you want to get some good lights you need to look for brands such as, Philips, Hella, RAYBRIG(Stanley), Nissen Polarg, BJUnion. Others I would not recommaned.

Here is a link showing good aftermarket lights fitted on Jazz
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33088

aaronng
27-01-2006, 03:37 PM
Certain brands are good, some are bad. Narva is a cheap brand. Osram here is above average, while in the US, Osram-Sylvania is rubbish. Philips is overpriced...

Poeter
28-01-2006, 04:10 PM
Yellow is visible in Rain
White is better at night time also high reflecting on road signs
You need something in between, Yellow/White

or just get some fog lights so you can see in the rain :D

Is it legal to use fog lights in the rain?

type_r_118
28-01-2006, 04:26 PM
what does OEM stand for?

vividjazz
28-01-2006, 04:43 PM
OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer

civiceg9
28-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Is it legal to use fog lights in the rain?

Is only legal to have them on during Foggy conditions

but I have them on as it helps me to see at night :D