PDA

View Full Version : resistor gets hot

Dtegra
27-01-2006, 11:00 AM
hey guys my blower motor resistor is getting very hot wen i turn it on like real hot red smoking hot.... i jus replaced it with one from the wreckers coz my old one got hot and broke the coils the new(snd hand one) looks alrite nothing wrong i plugged it in it goes alrite on sum speeds but at low speeds like 1 and 2 it starts to go real hot duno why this is or wat can be done about it.. i have one orderd from honda comes monday have to wait till then the 2nd hand one is still alrite but need to find out why it heats up

Dtegra
27-01-2006, 02:29 PM
bump please urgent..

bennjamin
27-01-2006, 02:56 PM
dont "bump" more than onc per day thanks

BTW , try this DIY ecu check. Might tell you a code that coudl be the problem !

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8218

ECU-MAN
28-01-2006, 09:46 PM
the heater resistor is ment to get hot.

the slower the fan spins the more load on the resistor, something has to give, and that is output of heat.

majic777
30-01-2006, 10:36 AM
so if the fan is on setting 4, the fan is spinning fast and the reisistor is barely warm.. and if its set to 1, the fan is spinning slow and the resistor is glowing red, ie. the resistor is dissipating the excess power as heat, so the fan has less power and spins slower... so your saying it would use just as much power on setting 1 then on setting 4? how come idle rpm drops momentarily when you change from low fan setting to high fan setting? indicating more load on the charging system?

ECU-MAN
30-01-2006, 03:03 PM
I didnt say that there was less load

the lower the speed of the fan the more load on the system.

setting 4 is striaght through, no resistor loads, so the motor is getting 12v from the batt. no resistor inline, less total load

also the fan in the housing is ment to cool the resistor, so i dont recomend running the fan with the resistor out of the housing watching it glow red.