PDA

View Full Version : Help me stop my civic from scrubbing wheels!

DomenEK
27-01-2006, 05:02 PM
Ok, this is an old problem resurfaced. When I first got my car lowered, the front wheels scrubbed the guards, but mainly on the drivers side. I fixed that by cuttin back the plastic inner guards. Not too much hassle since.

Recently I took the car to get new polyurethane bushes installed - very happy with how it feels now. But all of a sudden my front wheels are scrubbing really badly (worse than when it first happened), but now mainly on the passenger side!

What's happened? Have my springs just sagged too much (I've had it lowered for about 2 years now)? I lowered it on king spring super-lows (~2.5" drop) and koni red adjustable shocks - do I just need to go to a suspension place and get some stiffer springs made up? Or do I need to go to a panel beaters and get them to flare my guards? Or both?

Any suggestions/advice would be great!

jackosimm
27-01-2006, 06:42 PM
Rolling your guards should do just fine for that :)

iamhappy46
29-01-2006, 10:48 AM
The old bushes sagged to the point where it altered the steering geometry.
Get the guards rolled as jackosimm said or get adjustable control arms so you can adjust camber to reduce wheel scrub.

Slow96GSR
29-01-2006, 10:55 AM
Please tell me you have a Caster/Camber kit? I would get one if you don't. Also rolling the fender should do it, might need to raise the car a cm or 2.

jackosimm
29-01-2006, 11:07 AM
Just roll the guards for now and see how she goes.

DR VTI
30-01-2006, 12:35 PM
how low is your car my 94 Hback is droped all the way and ive never had a prob what size wheels you useing

DomenEK
31-01-2006, 01:32 PM
2.5" drop and I have 17s, with 205/40 rubber.

When you guys say roll the guards - how? I don't see any lip on the front guards that can be rolled?

The guys at the tyre place even said they couldn't do it when I got the rear ones rolled....