PDA

View Full Version : Best Alternative To Getting My Rear Bar Fixed

94_Accord
29-01-2006, 12:14 AM
hey all,

little depressed.. some stooge has damaged my rear bar.

personally i cant tell what has caused it cause theres no other paint on my car.. just curios as to what ppl think the best way is to go about getting rid of this:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6/94_Accord/back.jpg

Cheerz

Mike

nickiipoohz
29-01-2006, 08:50 AM
go to a panel beater and ask them or .......... get a aftermarket rear bar :thumbsup:

stephen8512
29-01-2006, 09:14 AM
panelbeater would be ur best bet.
buying a whole new rear bar cuz of that little ding.....i dunno
its an excuse to buy a new rear bar, sure, but personally i dont think i would be able to justify spending money on a WHOLE NEW rear when the rear atm is pretty much intact....

94_Accord
29-01-2006, 01:33 PM
well wreckers told me 250 for another rear bar, so ive been contemplating that, but only if the bar was the same colour as my accord.

stephen8512
29-01-2006, 02:02 PM
hmm thats actually not a bad price...
find out how much paint and labour will cost u on top of that

amato2
29-01-2006, 03:21 PM
there is a place on the hume hwy..they sell all honda bars and body parts...i pick up a CB 7 bonnet for 100 buck and there new......i was told about dis place from one of the guys on this forum its like ozyparts.com.au or somefin like that...hope this helps

boleh
29-01-2006, 04:48 PM
http://www.touchupguys.com.au/

p.s: I've never used them b4

94_Accord
30-01-2006, 05:46 AM
just out of curiosity, does anyone know what that could have been caused by..
personally i think it was possibly a toe-bar but im not sure.. wot do others think?

h22a accord
30-01-2006, 06:29 AM
http://www.touchupguys.com.au/

p.s: I've never used them b4

I have seen their work, 10 out of 10!

If i were you i would stop wondering what caused this damage and concentrate on getting it fixed, its only a tiny little ding anyways so it will be a quick and easy fix.

You are lucky it wasnt worse. Shit like this and much much worse happens to everyones cars all the time.

94_Accord
01-02-2006, 01:03 AM
I have seen their work, 10 out of 10!

If i were you i would stop wondering what caused this damage and concentrate on getting it fixed, its only a tiny little ding anyways so it will be a quick and easy fix.

You are lucky it wasnt worse. Shit like this and much much worse happens to everyones cars all the time.

yeh i understand i should focus on getting it fixed, but personally im a little curious as to how it happened, as im sure you probably would be if you were in my position.

but yes u are right, i am lucky that it is only a small dint, but even still, the car is my pride and joy, its wot ive been working for, so i would like to see it looking as best as possible.

94_Accord
01-02-2006, 01:07 AM
hmm thats actually not a bad price...
find out how much paint and labour will cost u on top of that

im going back to the wreckers tomoro to see if they have a good nik bar there, but im goin hoping that they have one in the sherwood green that my car is so all i would have to do is polish it up..

but yeh if i cant find one in that colour im still certainly interested in purchasing another one, but im off to the local panel beaters to see how much they can do it for. cause il sand it bak myself as it will be a spare sitting there..

Thorn2004
01-02-2006, 10:48 AM
yeh i understand i should focus on getting it fixed, but personally im a little curious as to how it happened, as im sure you probably would be if you were in my position.

but yes u are right, i am lucky that it is only a small dint, but even still, the car is my pride and joy, its wot ive been working for, so i would like to see it looking as best as possible.

Looks like a towbar dent to me, some joker got too close and whacked it... it makes sense which is why there is no paint!

94_Accord
01-02-2006, 01:03 PM
thorn2004 - thats what i think happened too.. but its a weird looking dent, it almost looks like the plastic has been melted and pushed up..

but yeh on first reaction i thought a towbar also

Tobster
01-02-2006, 02:44 PM
Looks like something tall thin and upright. Shopping trolley? Or you've accidentally backed into a thin post...

Either way, if somebody touches it up, you're still going to be looking at a complete bumper respray which will cost as much as a second-hand bumper which still mightn't be OK.

Grit the teeth, and touch it up and unless you were already planning on getting a new body kit...

94_Accord
02-02-2006, 04:59 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D BODY KIT

ahahahaha i wish

nich
03-02-2006, 02:47 AM
It's tiny!

Why not leave it. Save u the money.

Take your gf out for a nice dinner in stead of fixing a tiny bump.

94_Accord
03-02-2006, 04:14 PM
nah shes already gona cost me an arm and a leg on valentines day... ;)

BLOODY VALENTINES DAY.. lol

dundas
06-02-2006, 11:41 PM
sand it back, bog the bitch, sand back, bit of prime maybe, spray, polish it up, and its all pretty :D