PDA

View Full Version : head unit install gone totally wrong

Juzz18
29-01-2006, 09:45 AM
My girlfriends brother in law installed a head unit for me yesterday and ever since that has been put in it has buggered up my alarm system.

See what happens is before anything was touched for some reason when you lock and unlock my car with the remote key it makes a sound and only flashes down the left side of the car.

But as soon as he installed a new head unit my remote car isn't working correctly. it will unlock and lock the door but it doesn't make the sound anymore and the lights sometimes go nuts flashing like seven or eight times. the car then sets the alarm of on me when i try to get in or even putting the key in the ingition to start the car. After i thought i unlocked the car i went for a 20min drive and then when i stopped the alarm went off as i was getting out of the car.

the car's previous head unit was the stock honda tape deck and the guy who put the headunit claims that he never messed with the alram system but for some reason it all went crazy when the head unit was installed.

He now says he doesn't know how to fix the problem and i was wondering if anyone can help. i dont really want to go spend money for a new one and am hoping that someone who knows about this can just fix it just be playing around with it or playing around with the wires.

if any of you guys can help out or know some auto electrican who wont charge an arm and a leg then plz pm me for info.

thanks heapss

amurray
29-01-2006, 10:02 AM
probly cut rong wire... and wired headunit to the security system

where are u located?

Slow96GSR
29-01-2006, 11:02 AM
Sounds like he cut a few wires to install the new radio. Also sounds like the alarm wasn't installed right in the first place. I bet the alarm was just waire to the right side light instead of both sides, lazy installer!! Take the deck out and hook the wires back to stock places. Then order a wire kit from crutchfield or a local shop. Shout just have to disconnect the stock deck and connect the new deck with this part. No having to cut in to the stock system at all.

What you need if he didn't use it! Might be a female end.
http://www.tune-town.com/yho/lg71-1720.gif
The empty ends connect right to the new decks harness and then it just clips right in to the cars harness. That shouldn't have to mess with the alarm at all.

Juzz18
10-02-2006, 12:37 PM
Hey here is further news on the problem.

Im almost certain that it's got to do with the head unit and or wireing because the most bazaar thing happened just before. I was sitting in the car listen to a cd while waiting for mates with the key switched to the first stage (before accessories) Neway i turned the music up louder and the alarm went off but exactly to the beat of the song.

I then noticed that turning up the volume is what makes the alarm go off also. if i adjust it slrightly the alarm starts beeping to the beat of the song and if i turn the volume up more then it just sets the alarm off like normal???

What is going on?????? am i going to do damage to anything??

i got 2 get this fixed ASAP??

michael_antoi
10-02-2006, 01:09 PM
bro for now it sounds like its more important to get the alarm running than the head unit.

disconnect the head unit for now until u get a professional to work things out for u

AmmoJammo
10-02-2006, 02:45 PM
sue your brothers sisters aunties boyfriends mothers son... or whatever he was :p

dark138
10-02-2006, 03:58 PM
wow... never thought of wiring a siren as a speaker before
lol

mrwillz
11-02-2006, 07:12 PM
^lol
sumfn diff

TRU32U
12-02-2006, 04:38 PM
pending on alarm it COULD be the fuse for the right or left side of the indicators for the door switches...
my advice, run anoer wire from fuse box to the head unit dont use the old one anymore chop n ditch the bIArtch =P

JasonGilholme
12-02-2006, 11:27 PM
Doesn't an alarm need a constant 12Volt from two sources??

If one of these sources is cut or has a voltage drop, i.e. having a stereo drain some current, wouldn't that make the alarm go off because its thinking that someone is trying to cut the power wire to the alarm?

Just a thought

Hope it helps mate

It can be a bitch at the best of times.

Cheers

Jase