PDA

View Full Version : big ass gt wing

AZ51LK
29-01-2006, 12:44 PM
hi all

i just bought a gt wing. i've asked around for peoples opinion of them and pretty much what it comes down to is either you love em or hate em.

personally, i hate em. esp the lego aluminium ones [on the green eclipse on F&F]. but the one i got looks like the type they use in D1 grand prix. i'm havin second thoughts now about whether or not i should put it on my car.

i'm aware that it would look stupid on a fully stock civic. i'll upload pics tonight of my ride [dont have the camera now] but generally, it's a white coupe, fully kitted [cwest FB, buddy club SS, and Jetspeed RB] dumped all 'round on 15" rims

here's a pic of the wing i bought [btw how much would this usually retail for]

http://i15.ebayimg.com/01/i/06/01/32/a5_1_b.JPG

i'd appreciate anyones opinion on why they love em or hate em. thanks a mil :)

Slow96GSR
29-01-2006, 12:49 PM
Why do you need that? Your car isn't rwd and I doubt you would go fast enough for it to make a difference even if it was rwd! I hate them unless they are on rwd cars that need, and I mean NEED, them. If anything it will cause the front of the car to lift causing you to lose traction. But as I said I doubt you go fast enough for it to work. Makes your car look like a shopping cart!

saxman
29-01-2006, 01:39 PM
the majority of the lower priced wings on the market like this actually cause more lift then downforce, so even on a rwd car they're worthless. There are some that do help, however, without wind tunnel data from the manufacture proving it, I'd stay away or risk making the car perform worse AND look retarted.

jackosimm
29-01-2006, 01:43 PM
Id leave it off, don't ruin the coupe's shape with some big ass wing

dc4t
29-01-2006, 02:01 PM
dont join the lancer rice crew

VTC-8OY
29-01-2006, 02:33 PM
well i guess it really comes down on what ur after (looks or performance), obviously if u got bodykit etc then looks must matter, personally i know its rice but i rekon it would suit it since ur car is kitted already, performance wise, leave it off. both ways i rekon it would looks aiight.. thats just my 2c

bossee
29-01-2006, 03:20 PM
my personal opinion is for you to keep it off, but as the others stated its your ride and if you like it than go for it!

Limbo
29-01-2006, 03:29 PM
dunno my friend had one of his car and it allowed him to handle better on the track then previously without. His one had 2 piece in it and one of the piece moved at a certain speed and caused downward force.

His car was a FWD also. Its just to stop the whole body from lifting but he did say you only noted it going over 120km/hr

AZ51LK
29-01-2006, 05:10 PM
thanks for your opinions and advice guys. i'm not lookin to up the performance of my ride. just want it to look nice so i'm not fussed over downforce or traction.

i've uploaded pics http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=6799 but i'm not sure if i did it right. when i click on each pic, the full sized pic doesnt come up. only the thumbnail. =/ but keep the GT WING HATERS replies comin'.

Tu88y
29-01-2006, 05:29 PM
just do it

rakfint
29-01-2006, 05:29 PM
It's all personal opinion, some people will love it, others will hate it.

What it will do is make your car look like a 'race car' and probably draw more attention then without it, however SOME of that attention will be 'bad' attention as people will say 'oh look a ricer trying to make his car LOOK fast'

If you love people looking your direction as you drive past, the wing will help, if you're happy to hear negative feedback about it also, go for it!

simbadda54
29-01-2006, 05:34 PM
Nice car man. Coupes always look better without a wing.

Civic_Si
29-01-2006, 07:46 PM
I wouldn't do it if I was you. GT-wings doesn't look good on Honda. Please dun do it! I'm driving a Honda Coupe too! So dun spolit the clean nice image of Honda!
Cheers! If you're really after a wing, get the stock wing from Honda. They are nice and clean!
Well, that's my 2 cents worth. Good luck in finding your wings! :)
Regards,
Johnnie

KB
29-01-2006, 09:14 PM
mate get a friend to hold it on your car and take another photo, then you can get some good replys.

aimre
29-01-2006, 11:48 PM
I hate ppl saying wings are only for RWD cars... Or does everyone here forget that the rear tyres on their cars touch the ground too?

philBo
30-01-2006, 12:32 AM
well uve gone that far...why stop there!? do it i say!

AZ51LK
30-01-2006, 07:14 PM
mate get a friend to hold it on your car and take another photo, then you can get some good replys.
http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=509

anyone wanna buy a gt wing?

hehehehe

VTC-8OY
31-01-2006, 01:09 AM
damn G really wana see ur car pics, but ur rice doesnt roll up on the dice! lol

edit; p.s looks good with the wing judgin from wat i can see..

[T][L]
31-01-2006, 10:56 AM
i reckon looks pretty good

AZ51LK
31-01-2006, 10:59 AM
damn G really wana see ur car pics, but ur rice doesnt roll up on the dice! lol

edit; p.s looks good with the wing judgin from wat i can see..
thanks mate :) - hey why is it when i try to view pics in the gallery the full size pic wont appear?

TKO
31-01-2006, 06:34 PM
i had seen people get defected by the Police using GT-Wing. Make sure it is not illegel in your state!

**Ghost**
01-02-2006, 01:31 AM
i personally think it would look way better if it was a "short" GT wing, as in if it fits closer to ur boot

LoiBoi
01-02-2006, 01:50 AM
gt wings only look good on 4door small sedan for some reason, and certain coupes like s15, rx7. doesnt seem to fit the ek9 coupe look. the one you got is still huge, this is the one im planning on getting for my civic eg sedan.

http://www.aprperformance.com/images/gallery/GTC-200WRX3.jpg

http://www.aprperformance.com/images/gallery/STI1.jpg

http://www.aprperformance.com/images/gallery/20041218B_024.jpg

so IMO, it depends on what type of car u got.. the also the size of the wing.. these ones are low profile, and adjustable height. :thumbsup:

but IMO the only spoiler that looks look on a ek9 is the stock :thumbsup:

and dont worry about what people think is rice, everything that is not stock is rice to them these days..