PDA

View Full Version : Hondata Vs AEM

shmivic
30-01-2006, 06:57 PM
pro's n con's

tuners of either in W.A?

Slow96GSR
31-01-2006, 06:02 AM
AEM is plug n play. Hondata has to chip the ECU and runs on the OBD1 systems. This makes it a little harder for the newer cars, but you can get a conversion harness for 50 bucks USD. Hondata is easier to tune off the dyno but the AEM has EVERYTHING you could imagine built in. Hondata charges you extra every option but starts at a lower price. They only include what you need to run the car at a very basic state. I found AEM was a little less expensive to get over the Hondata if I included everything on the Hondata system and a freshly chipped OBD1 ECU. I have the AEM and like it but I haven't tried the Hondata in my car. I wouldn't change it for the world though. All my friends have the Hondata and want my AEM. AEM also has better support, their own forums, and in the end fits better!

Weq
31-01-2006, 05:08 PM
in australia, no one tunes AEM. no one is AEM trained. I know a few ppl who have bought it but were unable to get a good tune out of it/always had problems. Either way, australia is the hom eof EFI and if u want a standalone for that price, u could get a highend microtech or autronic which are supports ALOT better, locally, with ALOT more tuners.

SINISTR
31-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Simon, one of my friends has an AEM in his Civic - with a TypeR 1.8l engine. He has all the software and did his own Street tune over a period of time with a laptop on the passenger seat - and it absolutely KILLS. Launch Control is included :)

shmivic
31-01-2006, 07:42 PM
cheers mikey will be comparing the $ soon if i go aem is there a possible hook up here!