PDA

View Full Version : 95 VTi help!!

ken007
30-01-2006, 09:27 PM
Hi all,
I've been driving a 95 accord vti for over 5 years. It's been a very reliable vehicle considering that it has clocked around 210,000 kms. Lately, I have been experiencing a few mechanical problems and was wondering if any of you could help me out.
Firstly, I notice that the engine overheats and its because the thermo fan doesnt switch on when its meant to. I can get it to work only when I turn on the aircon and then the engine temperature drops back to normal. Im guessing that theres a sensor or a switch thats faulty. :(
Secondly, every once in a while, the engine light appears on the dash and I notice a sudden drop in performance. The car still runs normally but it feels as though the vtec doesnt work. This has happened to me a number of times and the problem usually goes away in a few hours or the next day.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Spoon-Accord
31-01-2006, 02:46 AM
hrrmss.. 1st is one of ur temp switch or temp sensor has shit itself. hence the fans dont hit when coolant temp hits a centre degree should replace.. not that expensive and easy to do

second of all light comes on and off sometimes..
i think sometime it could be ur O2 sensor or the cat sensor.
had this problem before.light comes on.. car lags like a b*tch

anyway.. check them out or jump into the DIY article room and find yourself the ECU CHECK YO!

good luck.

Kenny

ECU-MAN
31-01-2006, 10:13 PM
hay kenny,

Oz accords dont have cat sensors :)

but yes check your ecu for codes, it will point you in the right direction

as for your thermo fan switch, there are two, im thinking its the rear one on the bottom hose housing ( thermostat housing ) , not the top hose one, doesnt hurt to test them both.