PDA

View Full Version : B16 into EK1

slowcrx
30-01-2006, 11:57 PM
I've searched for B16 EK1 but nothing relevant has turned up. Also, don't tell me to sell the EK1 and buy a EK4 as there's quite a lot of sentimental value in the car to prevent me from trading up - been through 6 cars in the last 5 years and the EK1 still here...

Anyway, the question: say if I buy a EK4 B16 with its wiring loom and ECU then source the EK4 engine mounts, everything should drop straight in and work?

Also, I am assuming a D-series gearbox will not work with a B-seres engine? If so, was there any B-series auto box ever made and will that work with the existing D-series auto trans shift mechanism?

Can anyone recommend a workshop to handle this transplant and how long will it take provided I've sourced all the parts?

LowEk
31-01-2006, 06:22 AM
hey buy a ek4 front cut that will have everything you will need for the swap a ek4 front cut will go for about $2500 then what ever the mech wants to charge to put it into you car.

tRipitaka
31-01-2006, 06:47 AM
there are auto b16's around.. but they're pretty rare..
they only came in the EG6/9's..

michael_antoi
31-01-2006, 09:28 AM
no a d-series gearbox will not suit a b-series engine.

halfcut should have everything u need

CTR Coupe
31-01-2006, 04:00 PM
Also I would not recommend using an auto B16a gearbox. They are quite weak and the auto b16a's were detuned to use the auto gearbox (only 130hp). If you still want to go down that path of putting a B16a in the car I would recommend switching your car to manual.