PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! What size is the S2000 Speakers? and recomandations for speakers??

simond81
31-01-2006, 06:28 PM
Can some one tell me what size the the s2000 speakers?
and any recommandations for any good speakers?
anyone got the Alpine CDA 9855?? from uS?? dose AM/FM work???

Thank you

toE
31-01-2006, 07:02 PM
I believe the speaker size is 5.25".

There's a whole list of good speakers in the world mate. At the end of the day, it's a personal choice. So, go down to a car audio shop and listen to what they have on offer and judge by your own ears...and wallet :p

I personally have MB Quarts in mine atm, and I love them.

Most headunits from the US will be able to work fine here, excpet maybe the AM radio stations. Do you listen to AM stations? ;)

micka
31-01-2006, 10:44 PM
typically alpine head units (as well as some others) will give you the option to switch between Area1 and Area2 for radio reception (9815 definately has this, I assume the 9855 does also might be wrong though). Read the manual to see which aera is for Aus.

hondaboy
31-01-2006, 11:28 PM
I personally have MB Quarts in mine atm, and I love them.

x2

:thumbsup:

jko2
01-02-2006, 04:09 PM
top end cadence ones are the best splits!.. the ZXN something series.. purple colour. $600 rrp however.
the main speaker is 6.5" which is no problem, just need some spacers

S2Kluv
08-02-2006, 11:41 AM
top end cadence??? AHAHAHAHHAHAHA
mate, i can name like 5 brands off the top of my head that would shit all over that :rolleyes:

Chris_F
08-02-2006, 12:00 PM
focals are quite good

TRU32U
08-02-2006, 12:02 PM
top end cadence??? AHAHAHAHHAHAHA
mate, i can name like 5 brands off the top of my head that would shit all over that :rolleyes:

give the guy a break he may be a cadence supporter...
anyways its 6.1\2 inches.
running focals in mine. with 2Xaudioson amp, and hifonics sub.

S2Kluv
08-02-2006, 12:03 PM
MB Quartz, Boston Acoustics, Focals, Blaupunkt, Phoenix Gold they are all excellent speakers and they all have speakers that can easily fit the S2K.

ludecrs
08-02-2006, 12:15 PM
I'd go with Bostons or Focals. The Alpine SPX 177R X type speakers @ $600 are what Im going to be getting.

blusir2
14-02-2006, 03:43 PM
Can some one tell me what size the the s2000 speakers?
and any recommandations for any good speakers?
anyone got the Alpine CDA 9855?? from uS?? dose AM/FM work???

Thank you

I just put new speakers in my S2K. the front doors will fit 6.5inch splits. plenty of clearance for the magnet on most speakers. I bought a expensive American brand that i forgot the name of. But seriosuly its about the amp and head unit too. I just put in the newest Alpine headunit into my mates DC2 ITR which has a "mute" button and many more things and the most important, the iPod hard connection as well.. It is the best thing u can do for ur cars audio is to get a Alpine head unit that plays MP3's and has the folder button and couple it with the iPod hard connection moduel coz the iPod trip is crap. It sounded really good and clear. Obviously i really rate Alpine as their head units have the newest technology. U could scroll thru ur iPod from the head unit and play songs and everything. no need for cd's ever again.
But back to ur S2K. I found that no matter what audio components u put in it is not that important as there is too much road noise in our car..
Hope my bs helps... have fun deciding on ur stuff...

CRXONE
01-06-2007, 01:40 PM
top end cadence ones are the best splits!.. the ZXN something series.. purple colour. $600 rrp however.
the main speaker is 6.5" which is no problem, just need some spacers

I totally agree I spent hours listening to many many many different types of splits all with the same graphic equlizer settings and SOMEHOW dont ask me why but the top of the range Cadense speakers sounded so nice and clear, not tinny in the slightest and I could crank them up as loud as I wanted to without distortion.

So I bought the Cadense and cant complain at all. In the past I have owned Polk/Momo speakers that were $900 for splits and they didnt perform half as good as the Cadense.... and again dont ask me how!? because Cadense arent the most expensive speakers. And plus the magents are not massive so they fit in without fail.

mania
14-06-2007, 03:53 PM
had focals then i went to dyn audios my oppinion they are a littlte more direct depends on your music i guess.also make sure your line level is high no matter what speaker if your line voltage low or amp no good well sound will be no good.

AusS2000
14-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Ok, now it's time for some facts.

Speakers are 6.5"
US radios are fine for FM but US AM uses a 10Khz step whereas Aus uses 9Khz. So unless it has an option it won't work.
Don't spend too much on speakers to be driven directly by a head unit. More expensive speakers have bigger magnets and require more power. When you turn a headunit up enough to drive them loud enough you are putting out loads of distortion. And it's distortion that kills speakers.

Either buy some consumer grade speakers or buy good ones and an amp.

MRSPCS
14-06-2007, 08:58 PM
how do you guys rate alpine type r's, 6.5" splits?

mania
15-06-2007, 08:16 AM
expensive spekers generally use smaller magnets eg neodymium they are twice as strong but main thing is they are also smaller so pods dont need to be fitted due to depth. as for alpine typer's excellent speaker for bass but also i think good sounding for a mid priced speaker.sound is a personal choice i think

MRSPCS
15-06-2007, 10:50 AM
yeh.. picked myself up a pair yesterday from JB HI-FI.. believe i got a bargain, price was $349.. got it down to $220! .. fcuk i'm a tightass hahaha!

mania
15-06-2007, 11:00 AM
Youl Be Happy With Them Mate Had A Pair In My 930 Like I Said Good Bass Response.220 Good Price

mqt55s
15-06-2007, 04:23 PM
Why Is The First Letter Of Every Word A Capital?

mania
15-06-2007, 05:24 PM
geez that i dont know maybe typo error

Riviera
25-06-2007, 08:09 PM
focal! rules ur undies get them theyre $1200 for a set of splits and an amp though small price to pay for one of the best quality speakers since toast, in town

ap
26-06-2007, 12:41 AM
are you sure its 6.5 inch

i got 6" and they fit perfectly...

crazy_legs
26-06-2007, 11:41 AM
anything under 6.5" would fine fine... anything bigger you'd get problems

ROLLED
26-06-2007, 10:14 PM
6.5" you need to make another speaker bracket for the doors, however they will fit through the metal panels in the door, 6" speakers might fit in the stock brackets with modifications...the stock speakers are very thin and the plastic pretty much goes all the way behind them