PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Timer Help

95_CVC
31-01-2006, 08:24 PM
Hey, I have a quick question about turbo timers. My g/f is getting an R33 Skyline and asked me what happens with the turbo timer keeping the engine idle if you park on a hill and leave it in 1st gear (her driveway is on a slope). I had no idea but Im now curious about this. Do the turbo timers have some sort of safe-guard against this?

Thanks for your time,
Morgan :)

VTi_b0i
31-01-2006, 09:26 PM
im pretty sure u cant leave it in gear lol...its like leaving ur car in neutral... u cant leave that in gear...

TRU32U
31-01-2006, 10:11 PM
no u cant leave in gear as vti boi said
best u can do is jus shut off the timer when ur on a hill

95_CVC
31-01-2006, 11:16 PM
thats pretty shit really hey. so does every turbo timer equipped car avoid leaving it in gear? i personally dont leave mine in gear at all, the handbrake is enough.

stephen8512
01-02-2006, 12:27 AM
a turbo timer is just a little mechanism which keeps ur car idling without your key for a specified period of time (as per what you set on ur timer).
So basically, ur car is actually still on but u just have the key in ur hand. u can still rev it when the turbo timer is on, so putting it in gear while its counting down will stall it no doubt as technically the engine is still running.

if ur really worried about the hill, think back to basic rules. If the slope is a downhill, after the timer shuts down and engine stops, put the car in reverse gear. If the slope is uphill, put the car in 1st gear.

95_CVC
01-02-2006, 11:11 AM
a turbo timer is just a little mechanism which keeps ur car idling without your key for a specified period of time (as per what you set on ur timer).
So basically, ur car is actually still on but u just have the key in ur hand. u can still rev it when the turbo timer is on, so putting it in gear while its counting down will stall it no doubt as technically the engine is still running.

if ur really worried about the hill, think back to basic rules. If the slope is a downhill, after the timer shuts down and engine stops, put the car in reverse gear. If the slope is uphill, put the car in 1st gear.

Yeah but the thing is i dont feel like sitting in the damn car for 4mins while it cools down.

Weq
01-02-2006, 05:43 PM
u dont need to stay in a car for 4 minutes while it cools down.. skylines are water and oil cooled. they can be turned off instantly on normal days, and around minute or 2 after a long hard run.

EITHER WAY

look on sau.com (skylines australia). they will have all the answers.

grncvc
01-02-2006, 05:52 PM
i got two turbo cars, only one has a turbo timer..
i dun bother with it on the 200, i just cruise it down my street b4 i get home, leave the engine running while i put on the club lock, grab wat i need from the car then turn it off...
unless she's being GUNNIN it for the Last 30mins of driving... max u will it 20secs on the turbo timer...

grncvc
01-02-2006, 05:53 PM
o yeah dun forget, some times it can **** wit ur immbolizer as well

95_CVC
03-02-2006, 12:23 PM
Ok cool thanks :)