PDA

View Full Version : E.L. Dial problem

Miss_Behave
02-02-2006, 02:05 AM
Hi all!

I have a set of EL dials for my integra, they are the color interchangable ones.

I usually have them set at brightest blue but now after 5 mins of driving, they go very dim and sometimes 5 mins later come back on fine again, then it'll happen right again!

And here is the strange thing i thought, was when i select the brightest green color they work perfectly fine for the whole trip!!..:rolleyes:

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks a bunch! :D

dc4t
02-02-2006, 02:42 AM
faulty product mayb?? take it bak to the shop n ask wats up

defect
21-01-2007, 09:41 AM
I've actually got the same problem with mine.
My speedo doesnt work unless the lights are on. When driving, it'll flash sometimes and you'll see the EL dial lights, As I start to accelerate, they go on and off. Could be wired up incorrectly. Im gonna take mine out and see if it still does the same thing again.

muhhan
21-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Could be grounding problem? Do they have a separate ground cable that you connect directly to the car or do they use existing ground in a built in harness from the car?

Professional
22-01-2007, 10:57 PM
It should be the connection problem. Always bad connection will do in this situation. Or the quality of E.L. Dial is not really good.

27-01-2007, 01:11 AM
Happen to me too... and the lights all the sudden doesnt want to come on until now !! 6 months use and gone (china)..

i was un happy coz i took all the bulbs out to make my El lit up and NOW have to put back all the bulbs in + now my dial are white LOL which tends to be 1 + side

VT3C
30-01-2007, 03:03 PM
haha this is standard issue for EL guages hahah.. mine died and then started working every now n then but nowadays it's only once a year that it starts workin haha.. am pretty sure the el-cheapo electics are the culprit.. that little box dammit..