PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning J's Racing Pod

Captiva_Blue
02-02-2006, 01:48 PM
This is for anyone who owns or has owned a J's Racing intake (Whales Penis style) or anyone who knows what I'm talking about... I was wondering if the pod that is supplied with the intake should be cleaned and re-oiled using a K&N filter recharge kit or is there some other product that should be used...

SPEEDCORE
02-02-2006, 02:00 PM
If its a cotton weave filter like a K&N, then yes.... use the kit and follow usual cleaning procedure.

kyobibi
01-02-2007, 11:46 PM
Bump!
Searched, found the perfect thread but no specific answer yet.

Does anyone know what type of material is the J's racing pod made out of?
And also it's cleaning procedure?

ekhybrid
01-02-2007, 11:51 PM
the instructions say to use k&n cleaner kit
and the procedure will be the same as cleaning an ordinary kn filter

kyobibi
02-02-2007, 12:00 AM
But you beat me to it - after 5 minutes of research on J's Racing's japanese website, I came up with this:

Because recycling is possible by doing the washing reproduction, our air cleaner filter has achieved a marvelous, long life. The K&N filter cleaner doesn't hurt the material. The performance at equal to the new article level revives by spreading special filter oil, and the ability of the filter is demonstrated by 100%. Of course, it is possible to use it also for other K&N filters.
..Gotta love online translators :)

ekhybrid
02-02-2007, 12:16 AM
LOL
u got a genuine one right? the instructions is in the box :thumbsup:

kyobibi
02-02-2007, 07:00 AM
Yeah, I bought it second hand without box or instructions.
The pod has J's racing engraved on the end and the CF looks like it's pretty good quality as well - I'm hoping its genuine!! :O