PDA

View Full Version : New car with problems

Sir_vtec
02-02-2006, 02:28 PM
hey guys im fairly new to the car world and i recently brought a 95 EG hatch Gli. i ve notice the clutch fluid level is not between the max and min level, its currently below min. i think it could be a leak. i am not sure but when i went through the history of the services i happen to see a comment sheet of a service done on decem 04' which was probably the last service done on the car (at 124000km's) saying there is a leak in the master cylinder clutch or whatever that is. The car has now done 134000km's and its driving well and fine.

is there a way i could go check out if there is a leak in the clutch master cylinder?

And lastly where could i go buy some quality clutch fluid for the car?

Any recommendations guys?

Thanks heaps!!!

Weq
02-02-2006, 05:30 PM
check under the clutch pedal (incabin) for fluid. otherwise check the slave cylinder and around the master cylinder for leaks. ive got s spare slae if that ends up being the problem :)

EuroDude
02-02-2006, 05:39 PM
Only use Honda Clutch Fluid (I think its the same as Honda brake fluid, not sure though) as other brands can cause damage. You can get Honda parts/fluids from Honda dealers such as Col Crawford (spare parts department).

If the previous owner used non-Honda fluid then that may be the problem.

I would bleed out all the existing fluid and replace it with Honda fluid and watch the levels for a while. The fluid level should last a very long time so if the level goes down passed Min after a week/month then you should get it checked out by a mechanic.

Here's a DIY for clutch fluid replacement if u are game:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20212

Sir_vtec
02-02-2006, 05:41 PM
thanks weq :) ... that was the prob its getting fixed now.