PDA

View Full Version : can I use the D-series Auxillaries on B18C ????

VTEChnique
08-04-2004, 06:21 PM
OK.. I am having a little trouble finding the auxillaries and I am also needing to keep my budget as low as possible...

am swapping B18C into my EG VTi.

My B18C does not have Wiring Harness, Alternator, Starter Motor or Distributor... So Basically I am free to choose OBD1 or OBD2.. I am prepared to swap plugs where necessary, but I need to keep the cost DOWN to a MINIMUM.. please help !!

1. can I use the D-series Starter Motor and Alternator ?

2. Can I use B18B (Non VTEC) Starter Motor and Alternator ?

3. Can I use B16A Starter Motor and Alternator ?

4. Can I use my SOHC Dizzy ? Or can I use B18B etc..

VTEChnique
13-04-2004, 12:11 PM
BUMP... hello anybody home ??

Breeze
13-04-2004, 03:56 PM
Dont take this as absolute gospel BUT

You can use your existing wiring harnes if you already have EFI. You will need to add vtec wires, KS wire and if using a stock B18C the manifold butterfly valve wires (IAB-intake air bypass).

You can fill the top bit of the B18C ports with aluminium epoxy and regrind ports to suit B16A intake manifold gasket. Then you can run B16A or ITR intake manifold. If you do this you dont need IAB wires.

Use OBD1 ECU.

Just have to try your bits but I would say they prob wont work? The connections are the same though, so if you can get them to fit they should be fine. Honda starters often have two positions they can be bolted in. Do you have brackets though (for the alternator)?

Any OBD1 Bseries alt and any B series starter should work fine.

From memory the SOHC dizzy goes in but only one or two of the bolt holes line up. It is enough to drive it though.

Dont forget a Bseries rear trans mount and B series axles (both from B18B are fine).

VTEChnique
15-04-2004, 08:36 PM
THANKYOU VERY MUCH !!

do you mind if i ask your email addy ?

PM or email me if you can thanks ..