PDA

View Full Version : Please Help dudes

geo41e
08-04-2004, 08:03 PM
Hi guyz, I'm new on this forum, and this is my first thread.
Just wondering how the Civic 92-93 SI hatch manual goes. Are they quick and easy to mod? Also, what about the CRX 89-90 Manual. Both run the same engine, that is, the D16A8 if l'm correct.

Are these engines easy to mod with good power results?

Also, is anybody sleeing their Civic si hatch or CRX ?

thanks again, any help would be great

Cheers

madgrk
08-04-2004, 08:07 PM
CRX has a D16A8, not too sure about the EG Si. I think it is but not too sure really. A.C.S DRAG was running a D16 in his '90 CRX up until a while ago I think. He might still be running it.. Its good for a 12 or so second pass, and another they have is well into the 11's (Possibly 10's now)... Really depends how much you want to do I guess! Being DOHC, its a good performer if you dont want to spend alot, with a bit of balls to back it up :D

Hope my uneducated attempt of an answer helped d00d! :D

theo

Chi
08-04-2004, 08:07 PM
welcome to the forums, an Si civic is prob fastest out of the australian market eg civics i know this cos i have a vti and got beaten by 3 different Si's, F@RK U BEN!!!!

Im pretty sure the gen 2 crx (88-90) is faster than the civic Si since theyre like 800 ish kgs in weight.

It would also be easier to tell us ur location and how much u want to spend?

Good luck in finding ur honda

b16a_integra
08-04-2004, 08:10 PM
check out www.prestigemotorsport.com

he got a very nice CRX for sale and its got a B16A. id get it if i had the cash.

welcome to the forums, check out the marketplace to dude. :)

geo41e
08-04-2004, 08:25 PM
thanx guyz, l've seen that prestigemotorsport bullcrap. Thay charge u heaps man. Like heaps heaps..almost the same price as they sell here..maybe more. Plus u got more headaches with paper work and gov. Anyway

I live in Sydney, Australia. strathfield/inner west area.

Theres a CRX for sale, 1988 White, lady owner, but 200+kms. Timmin belt has been changed. she wants ^gs Wah u rekon?
Also, I gotta pivot Auto shift light. Plugs into cig lighter. RED LED lights p. Fully adj. Anybody interested lol

geo41e
08-04-2004, 08:26 PM
6 gs l meant, soz

Mitch M
08-04-2004, 08:31 PM
Civic Si is good!! ;)

the engines in the CRX Si's and Civic Si's are almost identical. Only difference i found was that the civics are 96kw and the CRX's are 100kw [this isn't atw, think its at the flywheel but i have never bothered to check how they rate it]

LatinoHatchCrap
08-04-2004, 08:48 PM
both engines make awesome turbo platforms

ToF
08-04-2004, 09:13 PM
check out www.prestigemotorsport.com

he got a very nice CRX for sale and its got a B16A. id get it if i had the cash.

welcome to the forums, check out the marketplace to dude. :)
i saw that crx: http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au/au/stock/details.asp?StockID=1864
and its not a B16A, thats a ZC or D16A8... (non vtec)

raff
08-04-2004, 09:26 PM
yeh i got EG VTI vtec sohc, n got done by a D16Y8 civic si! they go pretty well!

if anythin save ur cash and turbo the d16 it will run nice!

honda_fanatic
08-04-2004, 09:54 PM
6 Gs??? BUT IT DUDE. I looked around for ages for a crx. Ur lucky i wanted a white one. lady owner to. DEFINTALEY CHECK IT OUT!!!
welcome to ozhonda

bennjamin
08-04-2004, 10:06 PM
the ZC . d16a8 is a good lil revvy engine - as long as its in decent conditin , and good strong electricals ( a hondas downfall) with minor mods u can suprise many a b16a :)

Just dont race one upill in 5th gear *sigh Danny* . . . .

Jus-10
08-04-2004, 10:25 PM
Strathfield area huh? Me too!

I personally like the CR-X because it is lighter. If you can find a stock example that has been well looked after at a decent price then snap it up as they are few and VERY far between.

Importing might be an option as they now fall under the 15 year rule. OK so there is a bit of paper work involved but I have been looking around at CR-Xs lately for myself and have found a few SiR models (with the venerable B16A) for about the same price as the Prestige Motorsport example. The good thing is that there are plenty of stock examples in Japan to chose from, whereaas out here you have to take what you can get.

Check out www.j-spec.com.au as they have new listings everyday and there are usually a few CR-Xs listed.

Otherwise, hassle that old lady and wave $5geez in her face and you will have yourself a bargain!

Mitch M
08-04-2004, 11:10 PM
Only the Si is DOHC non-vtec, SiR is DOHC VTEC

[[d a n n y]]
08-04-2004, 11:15 PM
the ZC . d16a8 is a good lil revvy engine - as long as its in decent conditin , and good strong electricals ( a hondas downfall) with minor mods u can suprise many a b16a :)

Just dont race one upill in 5th gear *sigh Danny* . . . .

wtf is that suppose to mean?
:P

A'PEXi
09-04-2004, 10:07 AM
they dont charge heaps, you pay them like 1000, they look for a car for you in japan, once they find it, it gets shipped over here, complied etc. it would end up cheaper than buying from a car yard.

geo41e
09-04-2004, 02:40 PM
ok dudes, thanx again for the info....l neva new hondas had crappy electricals lols

oh yeah, if anybody wants to service their honda, service at Hannys Performance..they ain't a place to mod, but they take a real good care of ya car. Used to werk there coz its a family friend. Any whoo

I want that CRX coz its light, but i want the EG si coz i get get some nice gets and rear lights for them. (not the alteza..this real nice cherry red ones that look close to oem)

Anyways, thanks again....
also, anybody know where i can get a hood for the EG civic that covers abit of the front head lights? In addition, the front bumper is slighter lower, and therefore, connects perfectly.....hard to explain..l'll post pics soon.