PDA

View Full Version : Help me out with my alarm and immobiliiser install into my EF (a lot of q's)

Dxs
03-02-2006, 04:39 PM
Ok guys, bought an alright alarm and i plan to install it in my EF. I am noob to alarm installs but still plan to give it a shot.

Here is a pic of the wiring diagram:
diagram removed

Ok that's the diagram. Basically the alarm comes with the alarm box and an optional siren. I do not have any use for aux, boot release or door unlocking at this time (might get a door unlocking kit in the future though).

And here is the crx wiring info (For USDM):
1988-91 Honda CRX Security Information
Constant 12V+ = White - Ignition Switch Harness
Starter = Black/White - Ignition Switch Harness
Ignition = Black/Yellow - Ignition Switch Harness
Accessory = Yellow Ignition - Switch Harness
Door Trigger = Green/Red (-) - Driver's Running Board
Parking Lights = Red/Black -Fuse Panel or Driver's Kick Panel

Now i am gonna label all my damn questions for easier responce/reference:

1) Does anyone know how to remove the plastic around the ignition barrel.. or should i just tap the wires from behind this plastic covering?

2) Any suggestions on where to place the alarm box.. not much room anywhere in the baby crx

3) Now the alarm wiring questions:
12V Ok for one of the wires i would make a T pieces to the thick WHITE wire of the igniton.. any suggestions on what to tap the 2nd 12v wire into?

GND's Will just find some chassis to connect it to..

BLKL Blinker left.. http://media.honda.co.uk/car/owner/media/manuals/ConcertoManual/62sk301/16-118.pdf
/\ According to that diagram Green-red is left and Green-white is white? Can anyone confirm.. and i just T piece these correct?
BLKR as above

IGN just T piece the Black-yellow.. ?

DOOR Says green-red.. on driver's running board.. so where the f is that? concerns me that it is the same colour as indicators too.. again just t-piece?

4) Now the immboliser questions.. there confused me because there are 4 wires per immobilisation.. ?
IM1A Now why are there 2 wires? Basically i can see why i would cut the starter motor wire and connect ONE IM1A to it.. but does it want me to connect both IM1A's? If so why.. Is this wire the BLACK/WHITE as listed above? just tap the wires behind the ignition barrel?
IM1B This just connects to the other side of the wire going to the actual start i presume.. but why TWO wires???

IM3A This is for the ignition? the same wire i used for the alarm?
IM3B and this is the other side of the wire going to the barrel...?

IM2A to the fuel pump. what colour.. the fuse box in the engine bay again? Or tap it somewhere else?
IM2B ""

3) Also the siren has 1 wire going to the alarm, 1 wire going to the ground and 2 wires saying HOOD.. wtf are these for.. there are no instructions with the siren..

also any other tips that might be useful/general alarm install info.. i am a noob (no get an auto electric posts either pls :p)

michael_antoi
03-02-2006, 04:54 PM
i would suggest u get someone who knows what they are doing to install it for you

people can help u here and there but they cant walk you through the whole thing

michael_antoi
03-02-2006, 04:59 PM
1. unscrew the plastic cover around the steering column then just pop itoff

Dxs
03-02-2006, 05:47 PM
i have removed the 3 screws kind of seems as though it is 1 piece (2 pieces stuck together).. might investigate a bit more soon

+ no more negativety michael! ;)

Slow96GSR
03-02-2006, 05:57 PM
If I were you I would make a copy of the paper that came with the alarm and make notes of what wire on the car goes with what wire on the alarm. Here (http://www.strathlan.com/TEK/docs/HONDACRX1988to1991.doc) Is the updated wire codes for that car.

Dxs
03-02-2006, 06:31 PM
thanks for that slowgsr..

Switched 12V+ = Yellow/Red

ok the instructions say that IGN needs to be connected to a '+12 volt ignition switched lead' which does not fall to 0 when engine is being cranked.. so this would connect to YELLOW/RED rather then the ignition wire which is BLACK/YELLOW?

so therefor the immobiliser IM3A etc would connect to this ignition YELLOW/BLACK wire?

Dxs
04-02-2006, 09:48 AM
i would really like some info on the whole immobiliser setup

any know why there are 2 cables going to each side of the immobilised objects?
etc

michael_antoi
04-02-2006, 10:38 AM
removed the plastic for your steering column yet?

go buy a test light for $5 and test the 3/4 thick wires on the left of your steering column

1 will be constant 12v

1 will be 12v on IG1

another should be 12v on IG2..

attach wires accordingly

testlight is helpful - buy one

chunky
04-02-2006, 10:44 AM
jesus look at da diagram

Dxs
04-02-2006, 10:53 AM
hahaha, thanks for that chunky.. :p

it isnt too bad.. about 7 or so are not needed.. and 4 per immobilisation..
i have done a lot of reading so far on different install methods..

just need some feedback from others who have done installs.. i know plenty of ppl have..

chunky
04-02-2006, 11:25 AM
if ur car has air bags and i bet it does ALWAYS use a voltmeter to test wires. NEVER use a test light! The current draw from a test light is enough to trigger the airbags if you probe the wrong wire.

chunky
04-02-2006, 11:27 AM
oh yea did it come wif a manual? :confused:

Dxs
04-02-2006, 12:38 PM
getting there.. got the ignition surrounds off.. and have had a look at my crx ef workshop manual.

diagram/image removed

Now this is where i am at (questions)

I have 2 12v wires... T piece them both to the 12v line or find somewhere else?

I just T piece the left and right blink alarm wires into the ones coming off the switch there?

Ignition i T piece the black-yellow ignition wire yeah?

Still need to find the door trigger.. will look tomoz maybe. unless someone can help??

For immobiliser to i just cut the start and put two wires on one end and two on the other??

And do the same for the ignition eventhough i have T pieced it as well??

Dxs
04-02-2006, 02:07 PM
read the alarm manual again.. basically says not to cut the ignition wire for safety reasons

and the for immobilisation that u just put the two wires on one end and two on the other

Slow96GSR
04-02-2006, 02:21 PM
if ur car has air bags and i bet it does ALWAYS use a voltmeter to test wires. NEVER use a test light! The current draw from a test light is enough to trigger the airbags if you probe the wrong wire.

Always good advice. I have seen this happen and Airbags are not cheap! No I don't know from experience!!

Limbo
04-02-2006, 09:35 PM
mate its not a good idea to post your alarm wiring diagram on the net you never know who is looking ad taking notes. ALso get it done by a prob cos the few $ you save may cost you your car. Its not work have a non-working alarm and if you cop things off the alarm the cost of installing it after you play with it will be more expensive. You car is worth more than $50-100 installation

Setanta
05-02-2006, 11:15 AM
if ur car has air bags and i bet it does ALWAYS use a voltmeter to test wires

Remind me to play poker with you - EF/ED/EEs never came with airbags :D

OP - take it to an auto-electrician - I did and installation was 70 bucks and 1 1/2 hours work for them.

Dxs
05-02-2006, 04:45 PM
mate its not a good idea to post your alarm wiring diagram on the net

you can pretty much get any car's wiring info off the net.. what would be stupid would be to post pics of the alarm installed, such as the wire taps etc

i am fairly confident with most of the wiring at the moment..

Dxs
05-02-2006, 07:49 PM
eventhough i am pretty sure no one will help me out.. might as well ask anyway..

anyone know if it is alright or wise to setup some of the immbolisers onto the main relay..

and is it ok to immobilser the ECU? that would cut power yeah?? resetting the ecu all the time?

any other options people would suggest to immobilise if not the ECU?

chunky
17-02-2006, 12:34 PM
so u done yet??

Dxs
17-02-2006, 07:57 PM
was done a week or so ago..

hold up and i will modify some of my earlier posts and then post again..

Dxs
17-02-2006, 08:07 PM
ok removed some images from my previous posts because i am paranoid..

basically the install went fairly well.. had a prob with the door trigger.. and sometimes my starter makes a clicking sound before it cranks.. well it goes CLICK CLICK VROW VROW (vrow is normal sound).. so will investigate that..

basically it was fairly simple.. just a bitch to wire.. removing a lot of interior, soldering, running cables etc etc.

Basically you can find what colours you need to tap in your ignition barrel from websites.. like the12volt.com or something etc.
Basically u need to know ur 12v line, ignition line, starter line colours.. and t piece them to the wires described in your manual.

Then u need to connect to your left and right blinkers.. i found these out by looking at my cars workshop manual wiring diagrams.. and then T pieced them.. there are 2 wires near the ignition barrel coming off the blink stalk/switch..

Then u need to T piece the ground from the interior light of your car so when the doors open it triggers.. u can also do this with ur boot light so if u boot/hatch opens it triggers..

immobilisers are basically just switches/circuit breakers.. so just choose some things that would stop ur car from starting.. eg starter motor, fuel pump, ecu, ignition etc etc.. cut these wires and connect one side to one side of the immobiliser wire and one side to the other..

then u have other stuff to connect.. such as the siren, the bonnet pin into the bonnet etc..

basically u can find some wire colours off the net and some by looking at wiring diagrams.. then it is basically just a mater of hooking it all up.. i liken it to a car stereo install but harder

bla i am tired so the post might be blochie

chunky
17-02-2006, 08:07 PM
oh k den