PDA

View Full Version : HID installation need help

loweric
04-02-2006, 01:06 PM
I bought a set of 8000k HID conversion kit but having problems in installing it, please help..... :confused: :confused: :confused:

1) Where should I place that 2 ballasts? Inside the engine compartment or place it inside the area where we change the head light?
2) How do we usually fix the 2 ballasts to the car? By screw or double side tape? I dont want to drill hole in my car.
3) The grounding wire should be connected to the body of the car, where is the best area to connect it, do I need to drill hole? Again, I dont want to drill any hole in my car.
4) Where is the best area I can pass through the wires from the head lamp to the engine compartment.

Many Many Thanks!

kimo
04-02-2006, 08:16 PM
1- Inside the engine compartment but far from the heat.
2- Double side tape.
3- You find a stock grounding on the body. screw it there.
4- Far side of the engine like the stock wires pass.

I bought a set of 8000k HID conversion kit but having problems in installing it, please help..... :confused: :confused: :confused:

1) Where should I place that 2 ballasts? Inside the engine compartment or place it inside the area where we change the head light?
2) How do we usually fix the 2 ballasts to the car? By screw or double side tape? I dont want to drill hole in my car.
3) The grounding wire should be connected to the body of the car, where is the best area to connect it, do I need to drill hole? Again, I dont want to drill any hole in my car.
4) Where is the best area I can pass through the wires from the head lamp to the engine compartment.

Many Many Thanks!

loweric
05-02-2006, 11:21 AM
Thanks very much Kimo, I will try it this afternoon! Maybe I will post some photoes if I can finish the mission.

air23box
08-02-2006, 02:17 AM
What I do is
1. inside of front bar......
2. screw it in....more secure
3. same
4. I take the headlight and front bar off....put them properly b4 putting everything back....
Hope that helps...