PDA

View Full Version : Mods to my Gsi

Javed
09-04-2004, 10:32 AM
Howdy y'all,

Well I have finally bitten the bullet and decided to buy some 96 JDM ITR headers to put on my gsi. Now first of all, what do you guys think of this mod? I already have a 2.25 inch catback (looking to replace with better quality one later down the track). Also another problem is I know I will have to change the cat flange to accomodate the collector size of the headers. Now my mate has a mig welder, so if I could get hold of the flanges we could just weld the new one on. Does anybody know where or recommend a place on the Gold Coast/ Brisbane, or any online shops that sell these flanges? Also how about gaskets?? Any help much apprecated lads.

Javed

PS. Anybody know of some places to get bolt on axle back mufflers if I decide to get the type r catback piping as well? Replicas are fine :D as I am on a budget.

imminent_
09-04-2004, 10:05 PM
i can't help, but i too have a GSI.. let me know how much extra power you get out of your mods.. mines stock, so far, have to clear some credit card debt first :(

A'PEXi
10-04-2004, 12:21 PM
southport exhausts did most of my exhaust work... so if you just buy the stuff online, you could get them to put it on for you i guess??

Javed
10-04-2004, 12:23 PM
Nah I don't need it to be put in as I am fairly confident me and my mate are capable of that, its just getting the flange, maybe I will just buy a new cat (but it was only bought like 2 months ago). I am pretty sure I might be able to take the cat into an exhaust place and ask them to match it up with the headers, shouldnt cost too much considering it is probably at most a 10 minute job.

Javed

CaP
12-04-2004, 08:45 PM
B18B...Mm... TURBO the mofo :D

Javed
12-04-2004, 08:47 PM
B18B...Mm... TURBO the mofo :D

LOL, without rebuilding the bitch im pretty sure some havoc would be seen!!

A'PEXi
12-04-2004, 09:09 PM
got any pics of your car btw? :P

Javed
12-04-2004, 09:13 PM
ME? Haha no, I have stock wheels with friggin HUB CAPS so I am too embarassed. When I get some decent rims then maybe. hehe