PDA

View Full Version : D15B4 project

exp engine builder
05-02-2006, 10:09 PM
HI gyes

i apologize for spelling mistakes *you*
i am new to this sight and want to hellp people out

[now] i have been reading heaps the last fue weeks about wot people (think) about the D15B4 dule carb sohc

and i have not read so much crap in my life dam americans
dumb motor get vtec well no money bro

americans can perchase vtec's eney day very very very cheep

And ther is no reason y you can not get a huge power gain from the D15b4 N/A

do all the carbie mods you have all ready red about may be make a new intake manafold to fit sum webers
good exaust 2 and a half inch and extractors $280 cost price you will lose power with a 3inch ext need turbo
this will make an farly noticible difrance in the mid range

with cam sharfts a race cam will be prity much spastic
from 6 grand to 8 grand more so with more petrol
the race cam specs should be way better than a stock vtec cam specs hay an ajustable cam gear will hellp heeps on the dyno may be to retard the race cam eh

a good bottom end dous not cost much more than a stock rebilld forged pistons are not realy needed with higher compresion in mined and shaved head and every thing balenced all cheep things to do but sadly the avrige person has to pay fore labor BIG BUMA

i can not justafi spending $3500 for a half cut id rather spend the money on wot i have all ready got

remember this the worlds fastest production car (europe)HAS an s type honda fore pot with a jackson supercharger 300hp
0 to 100 in just over 3 sec a vtec is not even thourght of
or needed

it is true that more power is found in the higher revs
but where is the limet an 400hp civic is 2 powerful fore
1st and 2nd gear a 200hp civic wood be faster through 1st 2nd is not that wot we want

bro i wood laugh so hard draging of a vtec turbo with the motor i listed and sounding way way better

good to hear back from eny one

from spastic mega hart
bewarnd 300hrs of honda vids????????????

michael_antoi
05-02-2006, 10:14 PM
from what i can understand of that u wanna do up your carby?

have a look at this

http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23877

might be helpgful for you

exp engine builder
08-02-2006, 07:03 PM
yyyyyyyy
ow crap
my first and second spastic on your vtec

ProECU
08-02-2006, 07:07 PM
Wtf ??

roar
08-02-2006, 07:40 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA

this is too good

ProECU
08-02-2006, 10:12 PM
did your weekend pass come early this week?

iamhappy46
09-02-2006, 03:13 AM
HI gyes

i apologize for spelling mistakes *you*
i am new to this sight and want to hellp people out

[now] i have been reading heaps the last fue weeks about wot people (think) about the D15B4 dule carb sohc

and i have not read so much crap in my life dam americans
dumb motor get vtec well no money bro

americans can perchase vtec's eney day very very very cheep

And ther is no reason y you can not get a huge power gain from the D15b4 N/A(Oh yeah there is a reason, lots of them in fact)

do all the carbie mods you have all ready red about may be make a new intake manafold to fit sum webers
good exaust 2 and a half inch and extractors $280 cost price you will lose power with a 3inch ext need turbo :confused: 2¼" exhaust would be better and decent extractors are not cheap, budget $700 for a good exhaust
this will make an farly noticible difrance in the mid range(WTF??)

with cam sharfts a race cam will be prity much spastic
from 6 grand to 8 grand more so with more petrol D15B4 is not capable of rev'ving that hard without major internal work and if it was capable, without VTEC the engine would be a bastard to drive in traffic
the race cam specs should be way better than a stock vtec cam specs hay an ajustable cam gear will hellp heeps on the dyno may be to retard the race cam eh

a good bottom end dous not cost much more than a stock rebilld forged pistons are not realy needed with higher compresion in mined and shaved head and every thing balenced all cheep things to do but sadly the avrige person has to pay fore labor BIG BUMA WTF?? You would require atleast hyper-eutectic pistons for any engine rebuild for hi-revs in a D15B4... not to mention lightweight rods, good bearings, rings, etc, etc, etc

i can not justafi spending $3500 for a half cut id rather spend the money on wot i have all ready got

remember this the worlds fastest production car (europe)HAS an s type honda fore pot with a jackson supercharger 300hp
0 to 100 in just over 3 sec a vtec is not even thourght of
or needed

it is true that more power is found in the higher revs(YES, more torque at higher rpm means more power potential)
but where is the limet an 400hp civic is 2 powerful fore
1st and 2nd gear a 200hp civic wood be faster through 1st 2nd is not that wot we want (I doubt you would get more than 160Hp from the D15B4, as a fully worked B16A VTEC is around 270Hp)

bro i wood laugh so hard draging of a vtec turbo with the motor i listed and sounding way way better (HIGHLY doubtful of that!! Fully modded D15B4 would probably give you possibly a low 15 second ¼ mile time)

good to hear back from eny one

from spastic mega hart
bewarnd 300hrs of honda vids????????????

exp engine builder
09-02-2006, 10:20 AM
wood be a basterd to drive i agree
and i dont youse forged pistons
unless you got more than 100Hp per cilender

michael_antoi
09-02-2006, 10:21 AM
dude - i get that ur english aint that great but man, try to speak in a way so people can atleast understand you.

exp engine builder
09-02-2006, 10:21 AM
the moast power i have herd out of a non vtec is about 250Hp

ProECU
09-02-2006, 10:30 AM
Tyis gui is takeing tha pyss.

bennjamin
09-02-2006, 11:14 AM

ive heard about 300+ from a 1.5 sohc (not sure if it was vtec or non) running in the 10 second bracket in the states (bisi's old crx)....i hate to thign what amount of money was spent on it tho.

EGB16A
09-02-2006, 03:20 PM
Tyis gui is takeing tha pyss.

the most intelligent thing i've read in this thread so far....

BTW: where is your workshop exp engine builder?

JESPER
09-02-2006, 05:20 PM
Might want to have a look at this.

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1499036

iamhappy46
10-02-2006, 10:09 AM
What?? A Ford V8 with 250Hp?? That sounds about right :D

So you want 250Hp from a D15B4 motor?? You do realise that is roughly 166Hp per litre from a SOHC 4cyl engine??

Bennjamin: I believe the 10s SOHC 1.5 your thinking of, was a D15B VTEC and was running crazy 100+Hp shots of giggle gas to help make the power...

SlobberGoat
10-02-2006, 10:36 AM
To the original poster. Why did you choose that nick?

toE
10-02-2006, 06:09 PM
WTF!?!
Seriously mate, I had a hard time understanding what you wrote :eek:

iamhappy46
13-02-2006, 05:58 PM
wood be a basterd to drive i agree
and i dont youse forged pistons
unless you got more than 100Hp per cilender

I said to use hyper-eutectic pistons not forged ones but you would know what I am talking about cause your an exp engine builder, right?!?!

I think everyone on this forum would urge you to be realistic with your goals for the ol' D15B4

[[d a n n y]]
14-02-2006, 08:11 AM
show me the dyno paper

MoonSha
20-02-2006, 11:57 AM
can I jump on the what the **** wagon?

bennjamin
20-02-2006, 12:13 PM
Bennjamin: I believe the 10s SOHC 1.5 your thinking of, was a D15B VTEC and was running crazy 100+Hp shots of giggle gas to help make the power...

there was a couple ( one a girl in a silversih CRX) and another was a pinkish CRX too - both running non-vtec ( or VTEC killer cam) and only on race fuel...i have no idea what power but dam :)

Still , those examples are nowhere realistc for any normal "expert engine builder" and a d15b lol....

exp engine builder
27-02-2006, 12:44 PM
Man I Have Seen A 4 Banger Hemi Puting At 1200hp
Geting 250hp Out Of An D15b4 Is Not A Problem At All
Im Not Replying Eny More See Ya Noobs

exp engine builder
27-02-2006, 12:47 PM
I Am An Ex Lansar Rally Car Mechanic For Falken Motorsport And Have Driven Every Car On The Road
Phft You Are All Teling Me You No Better

MoonSha
27-02-2006, 02:32 PM
You hear that guys? He's driven EVERY CAR ON THE ROAD, which means mine, yours and your dads cars. Also he's the only person to have drived the new "Lansar" which I think is made by "Matsabashi" a new company just started up in "Jipun". BTW, no nobody said we no better than you no, but no this you dont no how to spell no and no is spelt with a k in front of the no with a w at the end depening on which no you want to say, you no?

iamhappy46
27-02-2006, 07:29 PM
I could make a few calls thru my motorsport contacts and probably work out who exp engine builder is. Sure someone would have to remember the sh!thouse spelling

ProECU
27-02-2006, 08:30 PM
get on it.