PDA

View Full Version : annoying clutch pedal noise

chopsticks88
05-02-2006, 10:37 PM
everytime i step on the clutch and release it it makes a clicking noise... does anyone have this noise with the clutch pedal.. its very annoying.. any ideas whats going on.

zen
05-02-2006, 10:45 PM
Ive got a tiny squeek sumtimes when i've been driving hard... supposedly it just sum wear and tear issues but i think its time for heavy duty for me. . . but then again im not exactly running stock

aaronng
05-02-2006, 11:01 PM
If click is at the top, could be the clutch switch. If the click is at the bottom or it sounds more like a squeak, creak or twang (spring) and it feels notchy, then it might be the clutch master cylinder.

1900-hustler
05-02-2006, 11:02 PM
yea ive also had some squeaking sounds when the clutch is depressed and released, its nothing really, its jus the clutch boot that needs re-oiling.. if anyone does need help on this squeakin issue then i can show exactly where to apply the lube.. =)

as for the clicking sound... im not too sure.. how loud issit. get someone to keep steppin on it and stick ur head in the engine bay (engine off of course ;) n try to locate it..

TRU32U
06-02-2006, 02:24 AM
clicks are the switches if squeeks are the lubes
jus lube it up high follow where the pedel is and ull see spring n stuf just WD40 it

MoonSha
06-02-2006, 06:29 AM
^^^ what he said, up from the pedal you will see a spring and a large joint. WD40 that but be carefull not to spray it over the pedals or let it drip down. If you lube you're clutch or brake you'll regret it later...

`OzLude
06-02-2006, 06:45 AM
hey! with that squeaking noise.. is that something big that i should be concerned about because sometimes i have that to when i push the clutch pedal in...

or is it just something minor?

BiGANG
06-02-2006, 08:03 AM
there is two little plastic bushes on the assembly for the clutch pedal. My bet is one of both of the little bushes are broken. Makes a squeaky noise and the pedal doesnt feel as smooth. Cost about $14 from honda. I would look there before going to the engine bay to look for problems

shebangs
06-02-2006, 01:31 PM
If click is at the top, could be the clutch switch. If the click is at the bottom or it sounds more like a squeak, creak or twang (spring) and it feels notchy, then it might be the clutch master cylinder.

I have the latter..if it is the clutch master cylinder, what does it mean? Do I need a new one? Or just a fluids flush or something? I have the minor squeak when the clutch is completely pressed in (beyond the point it needs to go, ie. i have the clutch on the floor when though I coulda changed gear at 60%)

Matt

fabz
06-02-2006, 02:04 PM
yeah my clutch makes a annoying noise at the moment got told its the thrust bearing. when i took it to mechanic they couldnt hear it whifch was annoying

Trojan
06-02-2006, 02:52 PM
Got same problem......sometimes.....whenever u in a busy place and don't want embarrassing noises to come out of your car......my clutch squeaks when i put it all the way down and up again.

Was told its the clutch spring from my mechanic and he said it just needs spme lube. Gonna take care of that next service.

I also get a clicking noise coming from the engine bay when i press the clutch in and out.....i can hear the noise even when the car is turned off and i just press the clutch in.....can only hear it when the garage door is closed cause its quite faint and u won't hear it if there is any other background noise.

Got no idea if thas normal or not.....going to ask about that too next time i get a service. Any ideas?? hoping its normal!!

aaronng
06-02-2006, 08:13 PM
I have the latter..if it is the clutch master cylinder, what does it mean? Do I need a new one? Or just a fluids flush or something? I have the minor squeak when the clutch is completely pressed in (beyond the point it needs to go, ie. i have the clutch on the floor when though I coulda changed gear at 60%)

Matt
On my car, the clutch creak was bad enough that I could feel that the pedal would have a step motion where it would get caught and then come out quick when I tried to release my foot gradually, making shifting a little less smooth. My car was still under warranty, so they lubed it up and the problem went again for only 2 weeks. The 2nd time, they replaced the clutch master cylinder. In the US, one guy was told by his dealer than his excessive clutch wear was caused by the failing master cylinder. I checked the technical service bulletin for this problem and it goes way back to even before 1994 over a variety of Honda models including the Civic, CRV and Accord.

Jim80y
06-02-2006, 08:52 PM
If this is for a DC2, clutch squeak is mostly caused by the slave/clutch fork area not being lubed up enough. If you look in the engine bay, to the left of the headers there is a little black boot connected to the tranny. If you pull the boot back there is a ball type thing with a y-shaped arm under it, lube it up with some grease.

If it isn't lubed up enough it may also cause the clutch click; I've had the problem before and it went away after spraying some grease around the clutch assist spring area.

chopsticks88
07-02-2006, 05:28 AM
thanks for everyones help. much appreciated . turns out i needed some lube at some of the points. just hope it goes away for a long time now.

Civic Si
15-02-2006, 11:02 AM
I get a clicking sound wit my clutch pedal, but is comes and goes...

TypeRice
13-01-2007, 01:09 AM
same here .. i get some clicking sound everytime i push the clutch down now..

but it also comes and goes.. and its annoying as f@#$

Jon_51
15-01-2007, 12:38 PM
I had this problem, and it was shocking, had clicks, notchyness and squeaked.
I used some tri-flo lube on around the spring area where the bushes are and it did nothing, but then I followed the pedal assembly and noticed there was another bend/bushing up really high under the dash, I lubed that up and it all symptoms cleared up completeley. Was such an easy fix, I can't believe I put up with it for such a long time.

shebangs
15-01-2007, 11:20 PM
I had this problem, and it was shocking, had clicks, notchyness and squeaked.
I used some tri-flo lube on around the spring area where the bushes are and it did nothing, but then I followed the pedal assembly and noticed there was another bend/bushing up really high under the dash, I lubed that up and it all symptoms cleared up completeley. Was such an easy fix, I can't believe I put up with it for such a long time.

Pics? :)

I personally find, on long drive the squeaks get louder/more obvious. ****en annoying. No click, just squeaking for me.

Jon_51
23-01-2007, 09:57 AM
http://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/7/1/22/f_ClutchPedi_c148m_676409e.jpg

you can see in the bottom left corner the arm leading to the pedal. up around arrow 1 is where I lubed the join and bush and it had an effect. around arrow 2 is where I thought the noises were coming from originally.

Spoon DA9R
23-01-2007, 02:59 PM
i have that now..makes my dc2r sounds like an old piece of shit...gonna try to lub it tonite...haha...will WD40 do?

aaronng
23-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Use proper grease or silicone/teflon spray lube. No WD40. WD40 will dissolve the existing grease, and the problem will return after a while.

Spoon DA9R
23-01-2007, 03:19 PM
cool thx

Civic Si
31-01-2007, 07:43 PM
Í'm now getting squeaks only when I press the clutch.

I hope lubing the fork inside da black boot will fix my problems.

It's so embarassing when the squeak can be heard at a set of traffic lights or in traffic...:o

Mystic_Integra
03-02-2007, 11:16 PM
hay ive been driving around lately an been noticing some thumping, well on the clutch an brake pedals only, wen slowing down..mainly round 40-60km i feel this weird thump..and only once......

my clutch feels fine, doesnt make any weird sounds lik the problems u guys have..either wen on/off or @ idle....

but i feel this one-off thump on both pedals, on the clutch an brake, mainly on brake,i believe...?cant remba now..
and i dont feel anything on the accl. pedal...or no thump on the accl. pedal, wen takin off either.....so...wat the hell???
any ideas.......???

my exhaust is kind-of loose awel =( ....well...it hits my rear axel, which im gettin fixd sooon as i get my new muffler, coz ma car is so low, my exhaust pipin an axel pretty much touch and scrap(pretty bad!) but yeah, i think ma exhaust sit real low an ma b abit loose(i wont b going back 2 the place that did it! thats 4 sure)
well that all the info i can giv..
any ideas??

EuroDude
04-02-2007, 12:59 AM
^ maybe its something simple like a loose object in the boot moving around and hitting things (possibly the exhaust piping)

ITRBoI
04-02-2007, 03:01 PM
i used to have that noise on my itr too, just put some oil where the is and it should be fine.....just where the clutch pedals is there is a spring there, it could be that

Mystic_Integra
04-02-2007, 05:19 PM
i used to have that noise on my itr too, just put some oil where the is and it should be fine.....just where the clutch pedals is there is a spring there, it could be that

nothin 2 do which ma clutch....
its lik a thump onto my pedals, from either underneath the car, or in the engine bay....
could it be the engine mounts???
could somehing b banging againest the firewal,an i could feel it on the pedals?:confused:

Mystic_Integra
11-02-2007, 12:35 PM
i got my exhaust fix, coz i wanted a new cannon, 2 mak it quiter, and they fixed my exhaust problem 2, i also had a service done, and 2 wheel balances done on the front 2 wheels...the sound, or thumping againest the pedals is gone completly..yay!!!
now just need new tyres 4 the rear...coz ther bold as hell!!!:o lol

problem fixed though.

so if any1 else gets a similar problem 2 this..
i recommend get ur exhaust lifted higher, or get it takin a look at..atleast!
and gettin a wheel balance on ur front wheels!
;)