PDA

View Full Version : 06 Jazz

donut boi
06-02-2006, 01:35 PM
I just found out that the 06 Jazzes will be built in Thailand not Japan. Is it better to snatch up a remaining 05 Japan built Jazz or wait for the 06 Thailand built model. Is there a difference in quality? Considering we have a free trade agreement with Thailand, would the 06 Jazz be much cheaper?

Dreams
06-02-2006, 05:00 PM
very interesting, to my own knowledge ive compared my indonesian jazz(made in thailand) compare to the aussie jazz, the aus jazz way better built. thats according to me!

miss_vtec
06-02-2006, 05:42 PM
If it were me, I'd definately be trying to get my grubby little paws on a Japanese built car.

Pogi
06-02-2006, 05:52 PM
wouldnt the labour be cheaper in thailand than japan? thus the price would be lower, and thus the resale value would also take a hit

isnt this like how holden's barina is made in thailand now and other daewoo models being rebadged as a holden?

TypeG
06-02-2006, 07:01 PM
wait for a 06 man
better resale value plus how many ppl know where it comes from out there anyway

Jus-10
07-02-2006, 08:24 AM
The reason they are going to Thailand is because of the free-trade agreement and because Japan charges rather alot for stamp duty, etc.

Will be interesting to see how this affects pricing, or perhaps standard equipment levels....

I personally have always been a bit hesitant to buy Thailand built Hondas. I have looked at them over the years and found the quality to be a tad sub-par compared to the Jap built models. Surely they must have '06 models around now, so it might be worth checking them out and comparing them if you can.

donut boi
07-02-2006, 08:30 AM
The 06 apparently dont arrive until March/April. I think I'll go with the 05

vividjazz
07-02-2006, 09:23 AM
Moving supply to Thailand from Japan should drop the cost by about 5% but wether Honda Australia passes on the saving is quite another story.

UNLS1
07-02-2006, 10:24 AM
a new yellow and purple for the 06 jazz....

thialand built to make the jazz cheaper coz of the reasons Jus-10 said.
also we needa price drop to compete with those Getz and yaris cheapo things...

Zimp13
07-02-2006, 12:21 PM
a new yellow and purple for the 06 jazz....

thialand built to make the jazz cheaper coz of the reasons Jus-10 said.
also we needa price drop to compete with those Getz and yaris cheapo things...

so u saying that price WILL drop then....

UNLS1
07-02-2006, 02:00 PM
yes it will

Tofu
07-02-2006, 11:57 PM
that's very interesting...
so how much cheaper are we talking about here?

Pogi
08-02-2006, 12:12 AM
interesting? isnt it a given? since theyre moving the assembly line to a cheaper laboured country?

Tofu
08-02-2006, 12:51 AM
Yes that may be assumed it's a given, but for those that are unaware that the new Jazz are now made in Thailand, this just then gives Honda dealerships more profit margin to play with.

We are the consumers. We may define the "market" but we don't necessarily dictate what the companies choses to do with their marketing strategies.

UNLS1
08-02-2006, 08:20 AM
no idea on prices yet but as per usual ill post up when i get told

vividjazz
08-02-2006, 09:41 AM
interesting? isnt it a given? since theyre moving the assembly line to a cheaper laboured country?

Lower taxed country. If everyone embraced free trade everything would be cheaper and the volume of trade would increase. Everyone wants to protect their inefficient domestic industries at the expense of every consumer.

slymer
14-02-2006, 06:29 PM
Since a brand new made in Thailand Jazz will be cheaper than the current pricing of those made in Japan, will the resale value of the Japanese Jazz drop as a result of the cheaper brand new Jazz? In such cases, what is the traditional mindset of the consumer? Will it hold it's value, or will buyers use this to bargain down the second-hand price?

vividjazz
14-02-2006, 06:49 PM
Since a brand new made in Thailand Jazz will be cheaper than the current pricing of those made in Japan, will the resale value of the Japanese Jazz drop as a result of the cheaper brand new Jazz? In such cases, what is the traditional mindset of the consumer? Will it hold it's value, or will buyers use this to bargain down the second-hand price?

Could go either way. Depends if people prefer a Japanese Jazz to a Thai Jazz or if they are even aware of the switch since unlike every other product there is no requirement to clearly disclose the country of origin (checking a VIN code against a country code list is hardly clear disclosure). The Thai Jazz will have rear discs rather than drums, something people make a big deal about. Could be like the V6 Odyssey which has really held its value as the new model is no longer offered with a V6. I know the same Sony product made in Japan goes for a premium over the one made in Malaysia.

RyDC5S
22-02-2006, 09:33 PM
They should lower it.

Yaris is good value for money at the moment.

CJW07
05-04-2006, 03:31 PM
The Honda website has been updated with 06 info, new changes are-

Changes to Jazz GLi

Full-size spare wheel
Keyless entry
LED tail lights
LED high mounted stop light
Chrome inner door handles
Chrome hand brake knob
Aluminium CVT escussion
Aluminium manual transmission surround
New wheel cover design
Clear side turn indicator on bumper
Interior colour change: Blue/Black and Grey/Black

Changes to Jazz VTi and VTi-S

Full size spare wheel
LED tail lights
LED high mounted stop light
Chrome inner door handles
Chrome hand brake knob
Aluminium CVT escussion
Aluminium manual transmission surround
New wheel cover design (VTi only)
Side turn indicator in door mirror
Power retractable door mirrors
Rear centre mounted antenna

Check out this link- http://www.honda.com.au/lwp/wcm/connect/Honda.com.au/Home/News/Honda%27s+%22cunning+plan%22+for+Jazz

I am still waiting for delivery of my 06, hopefully it has these upgrades.

Chris. :)

jklo
05-04-2006, 03:37 PM
Could go either way. Depends if people prefer a Japanese Jazz to a Thai Jazz or if they are even aware of the switch since unlike every other product there is no requirement to clearly disclose the country of origin (checking a VIN code against a country code list is hardly clear disclosure). The Thai Jazz will have rear discs rather than drums, something people make a big deal about. Could be like the V6 Odyssey which has really held its value as the new model is no longer offered with a V6. I know the same Sony product made in Japan goes for a premium over the one made in Malaysia.

i just read the new brochure and to my surprise the 06 jazz still has rear drum brakes. SPeaking of sony products... i went to japan once back in 99 and i bought a cd player and surprisingly as well alot of the sony products are made in malaysia and its exclusively for JDM....

ACE888
05-04-2006, 11:23 PM
thanks for the honda link...... i had a look and the 2006 RRP for VTIS have dropped almost $2,000!!! and added more equipment!

vtis auto for example is $22,690 for '06 compared to $24,490 for the '05! thats almost $2k saved!!!

I'm going to check it out, might have to upgrade :)

wtf2k6
05-04-2006, 11:35 PM
hmm it still looks like the Jazz 06 GLi hasn't had a reduction in price. Although I am a big fan of Hondas, I must say the Toyota Yaris is much better value than the Honda Jazz though.

jklo
06-04-2006, 09:46 AM
hey, any of you guys been to www.betterdeal.com.au
Its a new concept and dealers bid for low prices for the sale.

kloo
06-04-2006, 11:09 AM
I used the betterdeal.com.au as mentioned, i saw it on i think it was the Today show or Sunrise a few weeks ago.
I bought manual VTi-L. was told not much discount on the new civic's, but i got $1300 off it, i pick it up this weekend!!! I have been told speaking to others that this is quite a good discount on the car. Can anyone offer any advice on this? Also, how do i upload a picture of my car on here?
kev

Poeter
06-04-2006, 12:55 PM
Hey kloo, so how much did you fork out in total plus on-road costs for the civic?

CJW07
24-04-2006, 07:37 AM
Has anyone taken delivery of their 06 Jazz yet?? are they in the country yet??

I want my car and i keep getting put back. dealer is saying Honda mis led them on the delivery schedule and there are no cars in the country yet.

is this the case or is the BS flying??

Chris. :confused:

Jus-10
24-04-2006, 10:28 AM
Yes they are here and sitting on dealer floors....well here at Scotts Honda anyway.

I physically sat in a VTi-S and they had a couple of VTis there as well....

Sounds like they are telling you a heap of porkies...go get up 'em (I can't say that I've seen a black one though so maybe there is a wait for them)

lokets
26-04-2006, 09:24 PM
Has anyone taken delivery of their 06 Jazz yet?? are they in the country yet??

I want my car and i keep getting put back. dealer is saying Honda mis led them on the delivery schedule and there are no cars in the country yet.

is this the case or is the BS flying??

Chris. :confused:

Yup, they are here already - the Thai built ones. Seen 2 of them on the show floor in one of the dealership in Brisbane. Saw a yellow VTi CVT, and a manual blue GLi - all 2006 Thai models.

Sales person claimed Thai built Jazz have the same quality, if not better, than Japan ones. Also claimed the large Thai factory build the entire Jazz in-house via machine/robots - no outsourcing of part of the manufacturing process. So, quality is tightly controlled and so on, hence Honda quality is maintained. However, they do look pretty good in the flesh, seems impecable, usual Honda high fit/finish.

Also, sales dept said last month (Mar 2006) there was a free rego/CTP/etc. for Jazz's but now no more as the Thai made ones already have -$2K discount. So, unlikely to have further discounts like another round of free rego/CTP. Well, we will have to wait and see about that!

The new pricing and slight tweaks to 06 Jazz might reposition it better in the so-called Australia Best Car award. I always take the ABC award with a pinch of salt - who would believe Getz occupies position 1 anyhow (a joke). And I do not agree with the weighting citeria.