PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Dead battery issue.

my_honda
06-02-2006, 02:26 PM
Hi guys,

Was wondering if you can help me on a little query of mine.

My mates car got a dead battery in his fairly new car due to his brother sitting in the car, having the stereo and aircon on while the other dose some shopping.

He came back and the car didn't start. He called me and I came with some Jumper Cables. We connected it up and I started my car and accelerating a bit. We did this around 4 times in 1 minute intervals just in case we blow something. Nothing happened.

He tried to clutch start it but it didn't work. I never really tried to clutch start a car before but my thought was to pop it in 2nd and roll it while turning the key and accelerating. It didn't work.

So, in the end, we towed the car back home and bought a new battery.

The thing is, the battery guy said that the reason we didn't start the car is the immobiliser. It's got a pretty hectic alarm system so it didn't surprise me. He even said that the new batt wouldn't work either. We hooked it up and it was true. It didn't start the car. He said that we need to get an electrician to reset the alarm and it's settings as it's possilble that it's connected to the fuel pump or the spark plugs.

The car has been tuned and the ECU has been shipped over seas to get it tuned by TODA. What we're wondering if we reset anything in the alarm, would this effect the cars ECU??Would he lose the mods so to say???

And, while on the topic.

What's the best way to jump start a car???

And how do you clutch start a car???

Any help would be sweet.

Thanks peps!

Nuttz
06-02-2006, 06:06 PM
reseting the alarm should not effect the ECU.

ek4-guy
07-02-2006, 02:50 PM
depends what points you tried to jump start it from if you went straight from battery to battery you could be in trouble

my_honda
07-02-2006, 02:59 PM
yeah dude....we did. i didn't know what to do exactly but, yeah we went batt to batt. what other way is there??

depends what points you tried to jump start it from if you went straight from battery to battery you could be in trouble