PDA

View Full Version : loose side skirt

Saracen
06-02-2006, 03:12 PM
Hi guys,

I recently bought an 01 gli and the left side skirt is loose. It looks like some of the connections to the body have broken towards the centre of the skirt and so it wobbles a bit. the right skirt is perfectly fine.

what I wanna know is, can this be easily fixed without replacing the whole skirt? i'm hoping not to spend a fortune. they are original honda skirts attached from factory (i think).

thanks.

Zdster
06-02-2006, 03:44 PM
Pretty easy to check what is going on.

Under the side skirt (on the underside of the car) there should be three to four screws that need to be removed. The skirt is then only held in by a number of clips. Once you remove the lip you should be able to see if there is any damage. It might even be the case that one of the clips has slipped out.

To put the skirt back on, I have found the easiest way is to remove all the clips from the car and attach them to the skirt. Then just line the skirt up and click the clips back into place.

Saracen
06-02-2006, 03:52 PM
thanks for the quick reply, Zdster. I'll check it soon and get back to you here with what I find.

Zdster
06-02-2006, 03:55 PM
They are not to difficult. Just take it slowly and you shouldnt have to many hassles.

A.G.System
06-02-2006, 04:13 PM
And if you are missing the clips just goto your local Honda dealer. They usually have that sort of thing in stock.